YOU WILL BE WORKING WITH OUR LARGEST GOVERNMENT CLIENT AS WELL AS CONTRIBUTING TO VARIOUS 540 OPEN SOURCE TOOLS AND FORKS.
540.co is looking for an API Designer, Manager, and overall Guru to help leadership in the Pentagon improve visibility through data analytics platform development. We are looking for a startup-minded individual to work with and understand client requirements and define appropriate and scalable technical architecture, approach and API design.
On this project, you will be supporting the implementation of an API-centric data platform that collects data via reporting requirements and policy for Pentagon leadership and Congress. Other than the facilitation of reporting workflows and data security and access, our client wants to design and implement a system that unlocks all collected data for analysis through a variety of micro web apps (powered by reusable APIs) that can be built quickly and maintained/deployed easily. There should also be the ability for discovery and orchestration with other relevant data sources to provide more value to the analyst community… dare we say data science.
ABOUT THE FIRM
540.co is a technology consulting firm that helps government and business clients innovate like startups. We love helping our Federal Agency, Department of Defense and Fortune 500 clients use emerging technologies and lean startup strategies to improve operations and do things better, faster, and cheaper.
We’re looking for someone with big ideas, who thrives on innovation and is a self-starter. If you love to learn about and work with new technologies, we want to talk to you.
REQUIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Proficiencies in the area of API design, building and consumption (REST and SOAP #yesSigh… but mostly REST)
- Understanding of HTTP and TLS/SSL
- Ability to rapidly code proof of concepts to help with analysis of alternatives (should be a person who can code in mixed environments) and prove out ideas
- Experience with a couple of the listed technologies and frameworks: Java, Hibernate, MongoDB, Postrgres, SQL, Elasticsearch, Lucene, Atlassian Confluence
- Ability to define and document technical requirements based on a set of functional requirements provided by the government
- Ability to identify performance issues at the app, API, and data tiers and offer solutions to make it better
- Ability to define, create, and execute integration tests (API testing, unit testing, etc)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently (as if on an island) with clients, but also be a consummate team player
- Must have or be able to get a security clearance
NICE TO HAVE SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Experience with securing sensitive data (including security marking standards such as DoD Banner Lines or ISM)
- Understanding of various methods of authentication via APIs (PKI, OAuth, etc) and authorization (LDAP, SAML, etc)
- Experience / background in data mining, data analytics, data quality and data science (machine learning, NLP techniques, etc.)
- Experience deploying applications in DoD or other accredited federal environments that require IA certification and accreditation to deploy.
- Understanding of high availability and scalability techniques at the app, API, and data tiers including concepts such as sharding.
- Experience with an API Gateway (such as Apigee, etc)
- Competitive benefits, including medical, dental, vision, 401k and life insurance.
- Spotify Premium to improve your hacking experience.
- A maxed out Macbook Pro with a custom attention getting skin
- You will be the envy of your other contractor friends in the beltway.
If interested in this position be sure to include a link to LinkedIn and Github account.
Meet Some of 540's Employees
Founder & CEO
John founded 540 to bring the government and its agencies the same innovations as the startup world. To keep up that pace, he codes every day and has a hand in building solutions.
Back to top