Business Development Representative
About the Job
The Business Development Representative is a great opportunity to help drive demand for our video accessibility and engagement solutions, as well as gain valuable sales experience at a growing company. We’re looking for a highly motivated, well-spoken individual to research and build our lead pipeline. The Business Development Representative’s primary responsibility is to generate leads via high-volume outbound prospecting. In this role, you will work closely with both our sales and marketing teams to determine the most effective channels and methods for qualifying prospective opportunities. Target clients will largely consist of higher education institutions, media companies and corporate entities who have significant web video initiatives.
The ideal candidate is someone who is high energy, self-motivated, has a competitive edge, and possesses excellent phone and email skills. Your ability to quickly assess opportunities and track them in Salesforce.com will be critical to your success. You will also need to be able to quickly catch on to new technologies and communicate those concepts to prospects.
Role and Responsibilities
- Generate new business opportunities to fuel the sales pipeline
- Help assemble and prioritize strategic target customer lists
- Conduct high volume prospecting and needs assessments calls to qualify leads (between 60 and 80 emails and calls per day)
- Work closely and collaboratively with sales and marketing teams to develop and execute prospect communication methods
- Achieve monthly quotas of qualified opportunities and closed business
- Track all activity within Salesforce.com
- Evidence that you consistently excel at what you do
- Strong problem solving skills
- Excellent communication skills
- 0-2 years of sales experience of web technologies
- Ability to pick up new technologies quickly
- A self-starter with a positive attitude
- Strong work ethic, as well as time management and organizational skills
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
About the Company
3Play Media is a rapidly growing, profitable start-up making a huge impact on the way people consume online media. We provide premium captioning, transcription, and translation solutions to over 2,000 higher ed, enterprise, media, and government customers. Our goal is to simplify the workflow through flexible APIs, a secure online account system, and integrations with a multitude of players, platforms, and lecture capture systems. We got our start in 2007 out of MIT Sloan and we are based in Boston, MA.
We have an awesome work environment! Our team is hard working, laid back, and fun. There are no politics or wasteful meetings and projects get done quickly and efficiently. The team is dedicated to building a successful company. We have a spacious office with lots of natural light, a game room and a friendly dog named Bo who shares our views and ambitions. At times you will need to work long and difficult hours, but the work is fun, interesting, and gratifying. Your work will have a direct impact on our company’s success.
Location and Perks
Boston, MA – Fort Point on the Red Line near South Station. We are in the heart of Boston’s thriving Innovation District at the Boston Seaport. New restaurants and bars are popping up regularly, and we are surrounded by Boston’s buzzing tech scene.
- Competitive compensation
- Stock options
- Vision plan
- Vacation/sick pay
- Disability and life insurance
- Transportation subsidy
- Company outings/social events
- Beer/kombucha/cold brew on tap
How to Apply
Please submit the items below.
- Cover letter that succinctly explains why you’re a good fit
- Link to your LinkedIn profile (or attach a resume)
Meet Some of 3Play Media's Employees
If customers have questions about 3Play Media’s services, Donny has the answers. Focused on customer success, he gathers feedback and introduces new capabilities for future growth.
Back to top