Director Of Marketing
Reports to Managing Director and Chief Engagement Officer
WHO ARE YOU?
You understand marketing like the back of your hand and, sure, you know how to write compelling marketing plans that help your clients produce integrated campaigns that achieve results. But what gets you up every day is finding the “next thing” that connects the audience to the brand. You craft campaigns and messages that get people’s attention and make them say, “YES, I need that. I want that. You get me.”
Whether you’re brainstorming for a product enhancement, conceptualizing an ad or writing headlines for an email, you’re driven by the power of marketing and understand that it’s more about developing a relationship with your audience than just consummating a sale (while understanding the sale is what defines success). You have led client engagements with multi-disciplined teams through many challenges and hurdles, while keeping them focused on delivering results. You are at your best when creating and drawing from the energy of your teammates, and you love to roll up your sleeves and get the job done. You are a catalyst for ideas and solutions, and you are diplomatic and assertive in keeping things on track. Bottom line – you get (great) things done!
Key Qualifications and Responsibilities
The ideal candidate for the Director of Marketing role believes in the core values of 360 Live Media – The 360 Way – and is driven by our philosophy and mission. Beyond that, we are seeking a leader who has proven experience in delivering exceptional marketing impact for clients, and a demonstrated ability to lead and build the capabilities of a driven, bright and diverse team.The successful candidate has management experience in a marketing or advertising agency setting and demonstrates intellectual curiosity. As noted, this is an organization driven by the values of its people, so experience in managing a “values-driven” organization will be highly prized.
1 Marketing Expertise: Robust, in-depth understanding and experience of the critical practices of direct and digital marketing, and a thorough understanding of creative competencies, including branding, art direction and copywriting. Key responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- leading all client and internal brand marketing projects, from research, strategy and planning, to creative conception, implementation and measurement
developing integrated strategic marketing plans that cross multiple audiences and platforms, including email, guerilla, print, social, digital, search and other channels, while collaborating with the team to:
- identify key insights through rigorous research, competitive analysis, audience data and persona segmentation, stakeholder interviews and business analysis
- develop strategies and tactics that drive authentic customer experiences and achieve critical business objectives
- develop integrated media plans that leverage the best of digital best practices
- develop robust creative briefs that lead to the creation of impactful creative marketing materials
- develop metrics and success criteria for all initiatives
developing and managing budgets that ensure efficient expenditure of resources
- developing and implementing a compelling marketing and content strategy to drive 360 Live Media brand awareness and lead generation efforts
2 Strategic Vision and Agility: Proven ability to think and lead strategically, anticipate future consequences and trends, and incorporate them into planning, with the ability to manage at both a strategic and operational level across multiple initiatives. Key responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- serving as a strategic advisor to clients and agency leadership on marketing and product development initiatives
- presenting strategic recommendations and plans with confidence to both external and internal clients
- constantly learning, and seeking new insights and knowledge to be the authority
- actively participating in – and often leading – client meetings, creative brainstorms, new business pitches and team development sessions
3 Leadership: Exceptional ability to lead and develop a high-performing marketing team, while establishing processes that ensure the organization runs smoothly and builds capacity. Key responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- managing marketing and creative team members to develop and implement strategic marketing initiatives for clients and the agency
- ensuring the highest quality of team communications and collaboration, bringing leadership and clarity to engagement assignment objectives, tasks and deliverables on projects
- directing all marketing initiatives to ensure they are coordinated, support established goals and are optimized to achieve success
4 Results Focus: Exceptional track record of exceeding marketing goals. A bottom-line orientation, with evidence of the ability to consistently make wise decisions. You possess the ability to balance the delivery of award-winning campaigns against the realities of a budget, timeline, and competing projects and priorities; and you have an attitude of problem-solving and creative resourcefulness. Key responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- managing the tracking, reporting and measurement of initiatives, providing proactive direction for quick adjustments and future strategies
- effectively setting and adjusting expectations with clients and internal teams
- ensuring consistent best-in-class, timely and on-spec work
5 Action Orientation: Enjoy working hard and rolling up your sleeves with the team, constantly seeking to be ahead of the curve. Ability to act nimbly and quickly, to solve challenges and react as necessary, even if limited information is available. You are not afraid to take charge of a situation and make tough decisions, and can overcome resistance to leadership and take unpopular stands when necessary.
6 Experience: A minimum of 10 years of marketing leadership and planning experience. Agency experience is required.
IN RETURN, YOU WILL HAVE ACCESS TO:
- highly competitive compensation, with annual bonus incentive
- 401K plan with company match
- full health, vision and dental insurance coverage
- three weeks of paid vacation, plus paid volunteer and sick days
- authority advancement program for professional development
- monthly transportation allowance
- 360 perks and our free lunch Wednesdays
- employee referral bonuses
- intense, interesting days – every day – at one of Washington’s Best Places to Work!
WHO ARE WE?
360 Live Media is an award-winning marketing and experience design agency that helps industry associations and corporations reinvent their live events to achieve strategic business objectives. From event design, marketing, branding and creative, to program development and speaker training, we help organizations build their brands, increase relevance and generate more revenue. Working at the intersection of Madison Avenue, Silicon Valley and K St, we bring fresh ideas, new thinking and real results to association executives and the organizations they lead. In 2015, 360 Live Media was awarded one of the top 10 Best Places to Work in Washington, DC by the Washington Business Journal.
Our philosophy. We believe live media – events, conferences, trade shows and any forum where people connect face to face – is the original social media and the most powerful media platform to influence hearts and minds. A new frontier in marketing and communications has emerged through the powerful combination of digital and live experiences. We create uniquely innovative and disruptive experiences that help our clients engage, educate and connect their audiences in fresh, cost-effective ways that deliver results.
The U.S. events, conferences and tradeshows industry directly contributes $280 billion in direct spending, with 225 million participants and a $106 billion contribution to the national GDP, annually.
Working at 360 Live Media isn’t a “sit-behind-your-desk, 9–5, do-the-same-thing-every day” kind of experience. Based in the heart of Washington, D.C., our team of young, fast-paced, energetic and entrepreneurial strategists, innovators and doers are driven to achieve growth for our clients and our company.
TO BECOME OUR NEXT DIRECTOR OF MARKETING:
If this describes YOU, please get in touch with us immediately. To be considered, please send us the following:
- Clearly communicate why you are the ideal candidate for this role.
- Provide specific examples and experiences as proof points.
- Attach your resume and relevant marketing plans, budgets, campaigns or other materials that support your application.
Interested in working here? Then follow these instructions, because everything matters.
Back to top