Senior Software Engineer
33Across offers online publishers a unified platform with a suite of products that drive incremental traffic, increase user engagement, and monetize content. We are a profitable, VC-backed company with a proven business model and revenue stream. With over a million sites worldwide utilizing 33Across products and technology, we are enabling online publishers to continue to do what they do best: create great content.
33Across is looking for a software engineer with Rails, Node.js, and Java experience to extend our current platform and build innovative new products for our network of online publishers. You will have the opportunity to work on the company’s core publisher-facing product suite like: server-side components that will handle > 100 million requests/transactions per day, build and use APIs to integrate with partners, Data Processing, ETL pipelines, etc. Our innovative platform leverages Big Data to provide our 1 million+ publishers with unique insights about how their content is being copied and shared by their consumers, as well as help some of the largest publishers in the world monetize their content.
We are looking for software engineers who have a passion for building scalable products, strong software design skills, and a desire to learn from, mentor, and teach their peers.
● Build, enhance, and maintain our Publisher Applications, including dashboards, workflows, API’s and data processing systems.
● Provide new insights and control to our customers via intuitive and aesthetic web UIs as we extend our platform and products to mobile & tablet.
● Integrate with our SQL/BigData/NoSQL backend infrastructure (including partners) to pull data that feeds insights and reports. Example technologies: MySQL, Redis, Hadoop.
● Work closely with other developers, designers, quality assurance and operations engineers, and product managers to develop and support new and existing systems.
● Help maintain code quality, organization and automatization.
Our Ideal Candidate Has:
● 5+ years of overall software development experience.
● 3+ years of development experience with Ruby on Rails.
● Comfortable w/ basic async concepts. (ie: callbacks, promises). Experience with ES5, Babel + ES6
● Experience developing and supporting high-availability, high-performance web applications.
● Solid understanding of object-oriented programming.
● Familiarity with concepts of MVC, Mocking, ORM, and RESTful.
● Experience working with relational databases (we use MySQL).
● A high level of comfort with Linux utilities and CLI.
● A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
● If you are passionate about software design and TDD.
● For experience with Hadoop, HBase, Pig, or Redis.
● Comfortable w/ "advanced" async concepts. (ie: generator functions, async/await keywords) Webpack / Browserify, React / Angular
● If you like working on personal projects and can share code samples.
What We Can Offer You:
We have a distributed team with primary work locations in New York City and the Bay Area. We offer a fun work environment with smart coworkers and generous perks. Perks include unlimited snacks/drinks, lunch twice a week, team outings, holiday celebrations, and annual hackathons.
Oh Yeah, We Also Offer All The Usual Stuff Too:
● Competitive salary, bonus structure, and equity
● Health and dental benefits
● 401K to help you save for the future
● Real, tangible, paid time off
Meet Some of 33Across's Employees
Alex understands deeply what advertisers working with 33Across need. He uses this knowledge to ensure that clients use and see success with the right 33Across products.
Back to top