Support Application Engineer - CloudOne
CloudOne helps the world’s best companies make their things for the Internet of Things. The company brings enterprise applications to the cloud, enabling global collaborative development, production and analysis of software and products in real time on individual, secure, private hybrid cloud environments. Trusted by leading brands, CloudOne’s scalable technology is supported by a team of experts and partners who share a passion for making it easier, faster and more economical to make things for the Internet of Things.
CloudOne is seeking an experienced Support Application Engineer to help drive strategy and innovation for comprehensive cloud-based enterprise solutions. The role provides the opportunity to configure and support IBM Rational Continuous Engineering (CE), DevOps, and IoT platform suites in an enterprise private cloud environment.
As a Support Application Engineer you will be working with some of the world’s largest and most influential companies spanning a variety of industries. Engineers are an integral part of delivery and support for CloudOne’s managed service offerings. The Support Application Engineer will be located in our corporate HQ in Fishers, Indiana.
Major Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Pre and post-sale technical support of Requirements Management (RM) and Application Lifecycle Management (ALM) tools sets
- Configuration, testing, and maintenance of RM/ALM applications in cloud environments
- Setup and support of Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) such as Citrix ZenApp and NetScaler to support users of thick client/server applications
- Setup and support of networking components to support global distributed user based from Cloud data centers
- Assessment of product or service issues and resolution of extremely technical support problems
- Build and maintain excellent level of cloud computing and product knowledge;
- Serve as CloudOne customer liaison to assist with solving technical issues and changes
- Manage several support tickets at one time with active customer communication
- Convey customer feedback to architecture and engineering teams
- Bachelors Degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, Engineering, or related field or equivalent work experience
- Experience with administration of IBM’s Rational product portfolio specifically Rational Requirements Composer, Rational DOORs as well as other IBM CE/DevOps applications
- Experience with both Windows and Linux operating systems general administration
- Experience with network configuration, installation of applications in a remote desktop / VDI topology
- Understanding of virtualized infrastructure and general cloud technologies
Skills Required and Competencies:
- Exceptional oral, written and presentation skills with the ability to communicate complex details to technical and non-technical audiences alike
- Proven critical thinking, problem-solving and troubleshooting skills
- Team player, ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Sound system engineering principles and ability to document architectures, processes and technical content
CloudOne is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
The level of this position will be determined based on the applicant’s education, skills and experience.
See Inside the Office of 1871
1871 is Chicago’s entrepreneurial hub for digital start-ups. With over 75,000 square-feet of facility space and continuing to expand, 1871 provides Chicago based start-ups with space, daily programming and events, connectivity, access to mentors, educational resources, potential investors, and a community of like-minded entrepreneurs. 1871 strives to help its exceptional 250+ start-ups—and their amazing designers, engineers, and entrepreneurs—build a path to successful businesses.
Back to top