Software Engineer - HaulHound
HaulHound is the world's first (and largest) open logistics marketplace. We connect all players in the supply chain, freeing the industry from traditional constraints that placed undue burdens on shippers, carriers, and brokers. Shippers can search empty truck capacity using our one-of-a-kind logistics search engine, and truck drivers can post their capacity and search available freight from their smartphone.
Position Overview: Software Engineer
We have a multitude of really interesting technology challenges ahead of us and we're looking for an engineer who would be excited to help us tackle them!
- Take large data sets to translate into one interface
- Set industry standard for technology
- Build polished features that will be deployed both to our web app and our mobile app.
- Build a performant and well-documented API layer that is seamless to work with.
- Work closely with the business and sales team members to deliver a quality product that our users appreciate
- Help make decisions that will guide the future of our technology
- Integrate with transportation management systems and various other technologies.
- Achieve real-time performance and scalability.
- Professional experience with building modern Node.js applications
- Experience in building and designing REST API's on Node.js
- Extensive knowledge of Git and Github and cloud hosting
- Experience with modern CI and testing tools and frameworks
- Knowledge of MongoDB or other document database
- Strong portfolio of open source projects
- Be familiar on how to structure large scale applications/projects and the necessary processes, team structures and technical approaches
- Bonus knowledge: DoneJS, FeatherJS
See Inside the Office of 1871
1871 is Chicago’s entrepreneurial hub for digital start-ups. With over 75,000 square-feet of facility space and continuing to expand, 1871 provides Chicago based start-ups with space, daily programming and events, connectivity, access to mentors, educational resources, potential investors, and a community of like-minded entrepreneurs. 1871 strives to help its exceptional 250+ start-ups—and their amazing designers, engineers, and entrepreneurs—build a path to successful businesses.
Back to top