Software Engineer - HaulHound
HaulHound is the FREE, one-stop, logistics search engine to meet the shipping needs of today’s businesses, brokers, and truckers who are searching for the best deal. We are working to modernize and innovate the logistics industry plagued by ancient technologies and inefficiencies; we are not a logistics company trying to add a tech layer or “digitize” the same antiquated and manual current process. Our mission is to compile and organize logistics information and make it easily accessible and FREE for anyone to Find And Fill Empty Trucks.
With HaulHound, you will be part of a true innovative and disruptive technology that will democratize the way the $700 billion dollar logistics industry is being done today. Our philosophy and business model benefits both shippers and trucking companies with both hard and soft savings. We’re here to simply make life easier for all parties involved.
Yahoo Finance, Business View, Discovery Channel – Newswatch, Commercial Carrier Journal, RedEye Radio, Dave Nemo Truck Show, and Overdrive are only a few of the press features our new technology has received already; Overdrive distinguished us from anything that is out there today by saying “unlike traditional loadboards…HaulHound effectively flips the script.”
Position Overview: Software Engineer
After much time researching, formulating, and creating a solution, we customized our technology through user test subjects and live testing over the past year. We launched our web and phone app in August and received an overwhelming reception. Due to this overwhelmingly positive response, we were able to quickly secure additional funding to expand our Engineering team so we can properly meet this response and continue iterating quickly to a complete product.
We have a multitude of really interesting technology challenges ahead of us and we’re looking for an engineer who would be excited to help us tackle them!
- Take large data sets to translate into one interface
- Set industry standard for technology
- Learn many different APIs of the multitude of tech sources
- Developing accurate geo-search/mapping and predictive modeling for trucking
- Integration to transportation management systems and various other technologies
- Achieve real time performance
- Achieve scalability
- Professional experience with building modern Node.js applications
- Experience in building and designing REST API’s on Node.js
- Experience with modern CI and testing tools and frameworks
- Expert knowledge of MongoDB
- Strong portfolio of open source projects
- Be familiar on how to structure large scale applications/projects and the necessary processes, team structures and technical approaches
Culturally, we are a group of idealists and continuous learners. We strive to learn new technologies and business practices to save time and money to our user but also help leave this planet in a better place. With HaulHound, we aim to reduce the carbon footprint by the 20 billion empty miles being driven by trucks every year in North America. On top of that, HaulHound offers:
- Access to 1871 and all of its benefits
- Training and conferences to stay up to date on latest relevant technology will be encouraged and paid for
- Flexible working arrangements
- Tuition reimbursement – if applicable (tax limit)
- Childcare reimbursement – if applicable (tax limit)
Back to top