Software Developer - Xaptum
What is Xaptum?
Xaptum is a collection of messaging services with federated security, available as a cloud computing platform for the internet of things. It enables IoT device authentication, authorization and auto-configuration for full-duplex messaging over a single TCP connection. The product is a reference implementation of GSS-API [RFC 2743]. Service providers, creating applications and devices for the internet of things can leverage Xaptum’s federated messaging infrastructure for simple, secure and scalable deployment using our open source client libraries.
We are developing the infrastructure required to ensure smooth and secure communications between connected devices and the cloud applications that monitor them. Xaptum then sells the rights to use its technology to third-parties including telecommunications companies and manufacturers of connected devices, allowing them to focus on what they do best: making kitchen appliances, air conditioners, garage doors, or whatever else you can think of.
The Xaptum team is mainly comprised of strong telecommunications engineering talent. We are nine engineers strong with six Ph.D.‘s among us. We are looking for additional engineers!
- Write and test code in C/C++, Java
- Develop solutions using distributed concurrent programming, software packaging and release
- Work with other Software Engineers as a team
- Learn functional programming languages such as Erlang, Clojure, Scala as needed
- Experienced with languages such as C, C++, Java and Clojure/Scala
- Must have demonstrable experience of designing and delivering multiple projects in at least one industry sector
- About 1+ years demonstrable software development and implementation experience.
- Experience with Linux operating systems
- Experience of using one or more of Riak, MongoDB, and RabbitMQ.
- Experience with Erlang OTP for the delivery of complex systems
- Experience of implementation of soft real time servers
- Experience with interconnection protocols (HTTP, XMPP, SMPP, …)
- Experience with Agile Methods, including Test Driven Development
Back to top