Senior Python Engineer - Options Away
ABOUT OPTIONS AWAY
Options Away revolutionizes the way people research and book travel by providing a level of flexibility not yet available in today’s flight booking life cycle. Our platform leverages the concepts and technologies of the financial options markets and applies them to the travel industry, giving consumers the ability to lock-in the price of a flight while they finalize their travel plans. Our concept is well proven and our fortune 500 partners find our solution to be on track to grow exponentially. Our solution provides differentiation and considerable new value to online travel agencies, meta-search companies, and travel technology providers via integration with the Options Away pricing and option management system.
Join Options Away and be a part of a well-funded, growth stage B2B company. We are a team of highly motivated professionals with a wide variety of experience who have come together to radically change key components of the travel industry. The ideal candidate for our development team is creative, self-motivated and can translate complex business requirements into innovative solutions. A can-do-attitude, with the ability to energize and work with cross-functional teams is required. Work experience in start-up environment is desired. This is a huge opportunity to advance your career by building applications that will experience heavy traffic and be highly impactful. Plus you will enjoy working at 1871 within the Merchandise Mart, nestled along Chicago’s famous River Walk.
- Work in an agile team: user story gathering, sprint planning, standups and reviews
- Write up your designs, get peer input before you code
- Write code on our backend services, client libraries and tooling
- Seek code reviews, code review peer work
- Test your code in our integration environment
- Deploy and release code often
- Automate wherever possible
- Write up docs and release notes of all your work
- Help with production support
- Help with client projects as needed
- Ownership of certain components or systems, continuously work to improve them
- Continuously improve the scalability, performance and availability of our systems
- Python Development – 2 or more years of experience, with 5+ years of total development experience
- Middleware: (JSON, Web Service, REST) and Backend: (Python for core IP and partner services)
- Database: (MySQL, Mongo, Hadoop, schema design, framework, optimization, views, security, etc.)
- DevOps: (AWS, release management, unit testing, optimization, security, etc.)
Options Away offers competitive salary, group medical, vision and dental opportunities, a peaceful and open work environment, flexible work options, an agile development environment, and a great group of passionate coworkers.
Back to top