Sales Development Representative (SaaS) - PowerPost
PowerPost is a Content Publishing Platform that centralizes a brand’s content allowing for better collaboration, measuring and publishing. For the first time ever, an indispensable content publishing accelerator for brand marketers. Our proven content publishing SaaS solution distributes brand content across all channels; accelerating audience and new revenue growth. PowerPost is comprised of some of the best content creative and technology minds in the business with offices in both Chicago and St. Louis. As a late stage funded start-up, join our 40_ employees as we look to grow exponentially and build an exciting culture of innovation in the MarTech ecosystem.
Sales Development Representative (SaaS)
As a Sales Development Representative, you’ll be working directly with businesses to help them understand how PowerPost can help them become a power publisher. You’ll provide a consultative approach to every sale and work with each client to determine their business’s needs and aspirations, because we succeed when we help our clients grow their businesses.
People are at the center of everything we do, and you’ll be on the front lines educating them. You’ll be helping us change the world by supporting our mission, and ultimately giving consumers a better experience.
In this role, you will be directly responsible for selling our software-as-a-service tool, PowerPost, to local businesses across the US. Success in this role is measured by hitting and exceeding monthly sales goals, consistently staying ahead of daily metrics, and handling rejection in stride, all in a team-focused environment.
- Source new sales SaaS opportunities through inbound lead follow-up and outbound email and phone
- Research accounts, identify key players, generate interest and develop accounts to stimulate opportunity
- Comfortable with CRM: Salesforce, etc..
- Perform market research to gather additional information about inbound prospects
- Ability to multitask and prioritize large lists of leads
- Help with list building and other research projects
- Self-motivated and ambitious
- Minimum 1-2 years SaaS work experience (mandatory)
- BA/BS degree
- Experience performing market research
- Outbound calling experience preferred
- Salesforce.com experience preferred
- Expert communication skills, verbal and written
- Excellent organization and time management skills
- Tough skin and a tireless work ethic
- Experience selling Marketing or Sales Automation software highly desired!
See Inside the Office of 1871
1871 is Chicago’s entrepreneurial hub for digital start-ups. With over 75,000 square-feet of facility space and continuing to expand, 1871 provides Chicago based start-ups with space, daily programming and events, connectivity, access to mentors, educational resources, potential investors, and a community of like-minded entrepreneurs. 1871 strives to help its exceptional 250+ start-ups—and their amazing designers, engineers, and entrepreneurs—build a path to successful businesses.
Back to top