Sales and Business Development Lead - Katie Lord Inc
About Katie Lord Inc
Katie Lord Inc is a creative design agency that uses clear communication and innovation to help businesses reach their branding goals. With transparency at its foundation, Katie Lord makes ideas happen using rounds of points tied to client tasklist, timeline and budget. Providing branding, graphic design, websites and pitch presentations, Katie Lord Inc has helped her clients secure more than $50 million in venture funding. Based in Chicago with national reach, Katie Lord Inc is equipped to help companies new and old showcase their brand, tell the right story and be noticed. Get in touch at www.katielord.com.
Katie Lord Inc. is seeking technology enthusiasts with business experience to join the team as our Business Development Lead. The person should be passionate about the tech scene and love having conversations with startups. Owning the entire sales cycle starting from lead generation to closing deals, this person will be able to speak knowledgeably about the services that Katie Lord Inc. provides and will represent Katie Lord Inc. to prospective clients through meetings, networking and pitch events. Last year Katie Lord Inc. helped over 30 clients and are on trajectory to more than double that number this year. Socially outgoing and understanding of how to hustle is a must!
- Lead the sales cycle and on-boarding of new clients and partnerships for the company. Set and meet monthly lead requirements and client conversions.
- Represent Katie Lord Inc. at meetings, pitch events and networking events to prospective clients. Many events are scheduled for evenings.
- Successfully communicate the value proposition of Katie Lord Inc. to prospective clients.
- Establish and manage ongoing communication and long term relationships with clients, industry influencers, and key strategic partners.
- Prepare periodic sales report showing sales volume, potential sales, and areas of proposed client base and business development expansion.
- Minimum 2 years of tech related business development or sales experience
- Strong understanding of design and development processes
- Communicate effectively by phone, fact-to-face and electronically. Building a network of clients, leads, and being socially outgoing is key.
- Able to have strategic conversations with high-level executives
- Self-starter demonstrating initiative who is customer-focused and detail-oriented
- Experienced with CRM, analytics, and marketing automation tools (GA, MailChimp, Hubspot etc).
- Highly organized and an enthusiastic team player
- Must be comfortable handling multiple projects simultaneously
- Bachelor’s Degree required
Access to a leading shared work space in Chicago: fresh fruit, unlimited coffee & beer, relaxation rooms, bike storage, and close to the brown line.
There is a yearly salary, plus commission on successful client relationships.
See Inside the Office of 1871
1871 is Chicago’s entrepreneurial hub for digital start-ups. With over 75,000 square-feet of facility space and continuing to expand, 1871 provides Chicago based start-ups with space, daily programming and events, connectivity, access to mentors, educational resources, potential investors, and a community of like-minded entrepreneurs. 1871 strives to help its exceptional 250+ start-ups—and their amazing designers, engineers, and entrepreneurs—build a path to successful businesses.
Back to top