Python Engineer - Halo Investing
About the Company:
Halo Investing, Inc. is a well-funded financial technology startup developing the next generation of mobile and web investing. Our innovative platform offers the future of finance via products that make investing simpler and safer for all.
Halo will completely change how the world invests by delivering predefined market returns with downside protection so you can sleep a little better at night. We are seeking only the most qualified candidates who share our passion for IMPACT.
Our Leadership Team
The founding team of Halo Investing brings a wealth of experience in the financial services and trading industry to the table, as well as a number of successful startup ventures under their belt.
We are a small, but mighty, team of ten and are focused on building quality products that will greatly impact the investing world. We are currently looking to expand our engineering team with someone who can help develop Python solutions in a distributed network of financial services utilizing asynchronous I/O models, databases, order management systems, and market data providers.
Our platform of choice is Linux on Docker, C/C++ for high performance services, and Python for everything outside high performance.
You’ll be a great fit for the team if you have:
- Experience with high performance C++ in a trading environment.
- Experience with Python development on Linux systems.
- Proficiency with Linux development, and networking technologies
- Docker experience a plus.
- Deep knowledge of data structures and algorithms
- Knowledge of financial systems and related trading technologies is a solid plus
- Experience with GIT workflow is a plus.
- Asynchronous Python
- Multithreaded Python
- Options Experience
- FIX Messaging
You’ll be an even better fit if you can:
- Be relentless on changing the world
- Be ruthlessly focused on delivering Halo’s flagship products
- Write, test, and debug Python of course!
- Take responsibility to deliver frequently in a continuous integration and deployment environment
Halo Investing offers competitive comprehensive compensation plans that include a base salary, equity, fulll benefits, and a flexible work environment.
See Inside the Office of 1871
1871 is Chicago’s entrepreneurial hub for digital start-ups. With over 75,000 square-feet of facility space and continuing to expand, 1871 provides Chicago based start-ups with space, daily programming and events, connectivity, access to mentors, educational resources, potential investors, and a community of like-minded entrepreneurs. 1871 strives to help its exceptional 250+ start-ups—and their amazing designers, engineers, and entrepreneurs—build a path to successful businesses.
Back to top