Product Manager - Heretik
What We Do:
Heretik leverages machine learning to solve inefficiencies during legal contract review. We're on a mission to empower organizations to explore contract data for smarter, faster, and more favorable deals.
What You Will Contribute:
As Heretik's Product Manager, you will have considerable influence over the structure and direction of Heretik's product vision and roadmap. You will be working as a product owner working with a co-located engineering team and a passionate installed base of users giving you the runway to grow your skills technically and professionally. You will be expected to wear many hats and volunteer to tackle problems not necessarily in your wheelhouse.
You have experience working in an Agile environment with a proven track record of successful product releases adopted by major enterprises. You feel comfortable working in a fast-paced startup environment and working with high level direction. You cherish the chance to hear about user's problems and providing them solutions that exceed their expectations on what they thought was possible.
- College degree preferred or 3+ years of experience in a professional work environment and/or B2B SaaS product company.
- Experience identifying industry trends and client challenges and matching them with the company's shared vision
- Competent with Agile development / Scrum methodology
- Must be able to write a business case for new features or products for internal and external
- Must be able to accurately translate business requirements into documented functional requirements
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Must be able to work directly with an engineering team through the software development cycle.
- Must be able to manage clients and prospects through product demos and feedback sessions.
- Working knowledge of SQL databases for the purposes of managing and analyzing unstructured datasets provided by our engineering team.
- Familiar with, or desire to learn machine learning technologies
- Experience establishing qualitative and quantitative benchmarks for product releases to measure and evaluate success upon delivery.
- Experience working with large global enterprises to build configurable solutions that are practical, reusable, and scalable in mind.
- Experience building product solutions off an enterprise platform
- Experience managing multiple distribution channels for your product
- Experience launching a new enterprise SaaS product as the product owner.
- Experience presenting to executives or investors on status updates
- Proficiency in SQL
Key Personal Attributes:
- Ability and willingness to mentor other team members as our company grows
- Ability to balance between great design, usability, and functionality
- Ability to communicate effectively to technical and non-technical executives
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, intense startup environment
- Ability to work independently and problem solve
- Driven, passion for learning, creating things and for technology in general
- Comfortable with shifting priorities to meet the needs of the company
- High degree of personal and professional Integrity
See Inside the Office of 1871
1871 is Chicago’s entrepreneurial hub for digital start-ups. With over 75,000 square-feet of facility space and continuing to expand, 1871 provides Chicago based start-ups with space, daily programming and events, connectivity, access to mentors, educational resources, potential investors, and a community of like-minded entrepreneurs. 1871 strives to help its exceptional 250+ start-ups—and their amazing designers, engineers, and entrepreneurs—build a path to successful businesses.
Back to top