Manager of Software Engineering and Operations - Proxfinity
A Chicago-based wearable tech start-up which recently received the 2016 Up-And-Comer Award from the Chicago Innovation Awards seeks candidates with First Level Manager of Software Engineering and Operations experience. This is a contracted position ranging between approximately 10-25 hours per week. Proxfinity offers a first-of-its-kind technology platform that eliminates inefficiencies in the corporate engagement and meeting industry. Our patented wearable technology automatically finds and visually connects people to their most valuable conversations, automates lead generation and captures and analyzes data sets that improve business operations and increases event attendance. Our technology consists of a networking smart badge, apps and data dashboards.
Job Description Overview
This job includes the oversight of a remote team of Developers/SQA building native mobile Apps for iOS and Android, as well as a team of Dev.Ops/QA configuring and operating a high-availability Azure datacenter serving as backend for the Apps. The ideal candidate has relevant software development experience, including a number of years of software engineering management experience ideally guiding remote teams in an Agile process. A B.Sc in Electrical Engineering or Computer Science is required. The position is in Chicago. This is a hands-on technical management job that includes management type tasks like requirements, planning, coordination, follow-up, meetings and development and testing tasks, like design input and spec reviews, software source code reviews, data center config/setup, test plan reviews, bug reviews, and software build sanity testing.
Required Technology Experience
- 2-4 years of iOS App development and 2-4 years of Android App development.
- 2-4 years of NodeJS / MongoDB backend development and operational experience.
- 2-4 years of experience running secure Linux backends in the Microsoft Azure environment.
- 3-5 years of Agile software team management, ideally of a geographically remote team. • Experience with App testing/software quality assurance and datacenter IQ/OQ is required.
- Experience using Facebook’s Parse back-end would be very valuable.
- Experience with Bluetooth Low-Energy APIs in iOS and Android would be very useful.
- Experience with LinkedIn APIs would also be useful.
Other Skills Needed
- Excellent communication – must be comfortable drafting requirements and specifications.
- Attention to detail and a strong commitment to quality and systems availability.
- Flexible and open-minded about how to get things done, yet process oriented where needed.
See Inside the Office of 1871
1871 is Chicago’s entrepreneurial hub for digital start-ups. With over 75,000 square-feet of facility space and continuing to expand, 1871 provides Chicago based start-ups with space, daily programming and events, connectivity, access to mentors, educational resources, potential investors, and a community of like-minded entrepreneurs. 1871 strives to help its exceptional 250+ start-ups—and their amazing designers, engineers, and entrepreneurs—build a path to successful businesses.
Back to top