Lead Software Engineer - Printavo
Printavo is an easy to use, cloud-based tool for print, embroidery, and sign shops to manage their shop. You can think of us as project management software for the garment decoration industry. If you've ever ordered custom t-shirts, our software could be run at the shop that made them. We're growing quickly and are looking for top notch go-getters to join the team.
We're looking to implement and build new technologies and strategies quickly. Quality code is highly valued and the ideal candidate shares our desire to efficiently write great software.
You will be directly responsible for improving our Ruby on Rails application to handle scaling issues that resulted from a fast growing company, managing and growing our remote team, and building out exciting new functionality.
What's even more important is your ability to be practical. You have a business sense about you that helps make decisions and execute quickly. Printavo was built by our founder and we want to push it to the next level.
- Work directly with the founder to build, implement and improve new tech for Printavo
- Assist in managing a remote team of developers to execute projects
- Improve performance
- Build out functionality in regards to payments, email, scheduling, invoicing, automation and lots more
- Iterate on our API
- Work directly with our customer success and onboarding team
- Ruby on Rails 4
- Bachelor's Degree or higher
- Organized. You have great follow through on tasks and superior organizational skills.
- You're diligent. You don't get overwhelmed easily. Thousands of emails/phone calls each month -- No prob!
- Chaos-loving. You don't fold under pressure. Rather, you thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- Dynamic. You're as charismatic as they come. You embody resilience, drive, and energy that radiates throughout all interactions.
- Passionate. You love helping people, you care about your team, and you're driven to enhance your personal growth. You love being on the ground floor.
- Inquisitive. Innovative and resourceful; constantly looking for ways to improve upon things.
See Inside the Office of 1871
1871 is Chicago’s entrepreneurial hub for digital start-ups. With over 75,000 square-feet of facility space and continuing to expand, 1871 provides Chicago based start-ups with space, daily programming and events, connectivity, access to mentors, educational resources, potential investors, and a community of like-minded entrepreneurs. 1871 strives to help its exceptional 250+ start-ups—and their amazing designers, engineers, and entrepreneurs—build a path to successful businesses.
Back to top