Lead Information Security Instructor (Cyber Security) - Evolve Security Academy
About Evolve Security Academy
Evolve is a 17-week Cyber Security Bootcamp that provides in-person and immersive training, giving students the concrete and practical skills they will actually need on the job. Students gain real work experience through the live security assessment work they perform on not-for-profit companies. With over 238,000 unfilled cyber security jobs in the U.S. and 1,000,000 globally, our primary focus is on creating top-tier cyber security talent and placing them into a high-paying job.
Lead Information Security Instructor (Part-Time)
Instructors lead discussions, provide analysis of security concepts, facilitate hands on labs, support students in their projects and challenges, and provide feedback to students. Throughout the course, the lead instructor's efforts are complemented by Evolve adjunct instructor lectures. Our part-time cohort meets Monday through Thursday from 6:00pm to 9:00pm and every other Saturday from 10:00am to 3:00pm. Next cohort (Spring 2017) begins February 13, 2017.
- The overall training and success of the student cohort.
- Daily delivery of curriculum, instruction, reviews and labs.
- Communicate advanced security concepts.
- Provide curriculum and lab enhancements.
- Serve as a mentor to students.
- Design and manage processes for effective student learning.
- 4+ years of information security experience
- Understanding of incident response processes, methodologies, and tools.
- Familiarity with hardening cloud environments such as AWS and Azure.
- Experience with OWASP and web application security.
- Proficiency in administering Linux and Windows servers.
- In-depth knowledge of offensive and defensive security capabilities.
- Formal teaching or instruction experience.
- Knowledge of hiring process for security analysts.
- Proficiency in Python.
- Experience working with enterprise security teams, commercial tools and open source security tools.
- ISC2 CISSP certification.
See Inside the Office of 1871
1871 is Chicago’s entrepreneurial hub for digital start-ups. With over 75,000 square-feet of facility space and continuing to expand, 1871 provides Chicago based start-ups with space, daily programming and events, connectivity, access to mentors, educational resources, potential investors, and a community of like-minded entrepreneurs. 1871 strives to help its exceptional 250+ start-ups—and their amazing designers, engineers, and entrepreneurs—build a path to successful businesses.
Back to top