Junior Software Engineer - TangoCode
TangoCode (www.tangocode.com) is a women and minority owned company that believes in fostering diversity within the technology community. Our diverse team is always striving to be at the forefront of innovation. We believe in building a company around our people, this what makes it possible for us to provide each client with a skilled and dedicated team. Our model is highly collaborative with a mix of innovation, automated tools, and customized development.
Our story began 20 years ago as GeneXus USA, using a state-of-art code automation tool called GeneXus; we have since grown from an assistive tool into a dynamic development process. Today we are TangoCode, a Chicago-based firm that – with the help of our Nearshore Team – builds custom applications for businesses in a variety of different industries. Our name reflects our philosophy and the marriage of Tango and Code represents our business process: it takes two to tango – the client and the developer.
Position Overview: Junior Software Engineer
We are seeking an individual to join our fast paced, Agile Engineering team. The candidate will contribute to the development of different web or mobile projects we are currently working on so he/she will be exposed to real applications where cutting edge technologies and techniques for creating robust, dynamic and distributed software is applied.
- Implementation of different stories for web or mobile projects
- Design and write comprehensive unit tests.
- Participate in code reviews.
- Participate in architecture design
- Engage in daily scrum meetings and periodic sprint planning and review.
- Work experience (1-2 years) in with one or more OOP languages such as Java,C++, C#, etc
- Work experience(1-2 years) with one or more distributed version control systems such as Git, SVN, etc
- Work experience(1-2 years) with one or more DBMS such as SQL Server, MySQL,etc
- Must have participated in the implementation of a customer facing application either doing frontend or backend
Nice to have (Bonus)
- Familiar with with ReactJS
- Familiar with NodeJS
- Familiar with non relational databases such as MongoDb , CouchDB etc
- Familiar with continuous integration and continuous delivery practices
- Familiar with cloud computing services such as AWS, Azure, etc
- Familiar with unit testing frameworks such as JUnit
- Familiar with mobile development languages such as Swift, Android,
- Familiar with Agile methodologies such as Scrum
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or equivalent
- Strong Communication & Technical skills
- Ability to adapt to change quickly and thrive in a collaborative, dynamic environment
- Ability to thrive in environments where you’re constantly learning and innovating
- Proficient in English (Written and Spoken)
The Perks at TangoCode
- Competitive Pay and Benefits
- We’ve got you covered, from employee disability and life insurance to 100% BCBS insurance.
- Casual Dress
- Come in a sweatshirt, jeans or your definition of comfy.
- Free Grub
- Healthy snack food for the mid-day slump!
- Awesome Location
- We’re close to everything in the fast-pasted WestLoop, and we have a killer open loft space with beanbags, pool table and plenty of beverages.
Back to top