Fullstack Java Web Developer - FarmLogix
FarmLogix is a national Farm To Plate solutions company operating in 17 states. Our focus is on creating Farm To Cafeteria programs for national entities, including distributors and foodservice companies. We are a technology-focused firm, and utilize proprietary technology to create and manage complex Farm To Table supply chains.
FarmLogix is a 2013 winner of the Chicago Innovation Awards, and was recently featured on CNBC. FarmLogix is a leading national source of sustainable foods products and data, serving the institutional market in 17 states. We are a 2013 winner of the Chicago Innovation Awards, and a 2016 finalist for the United Fresh Produce Innovations Awards in Food Safety. Our solution has been featured in Crain’s, The Chicago Tribune, New York Times, and CNBC.
Java Web Developer
We are looking for a seasoned full-stack java web developer to handle both back-end and front-end web requirements. The ideal candidate is at least mid-level with good decision-making skills, is comfortable owning projects from designing technical solutions through execution, and flexible at adjusting to changing requirements/priorities while maintaining high quality and timely delivery of projects. We take pride in our code and database structure, so a keen eye for detail in maintaining its structure is important. The role will report to our CTO in our Evanston office and also interface with our development team in Argentina, so proficiency in Spanish is a plus.
- Ability to work independently as well as with other developers and business stakeholders to build client-driven web-based solutions
- Strong capability of troubleshooting
- Ability to effectively communicate scope and estimates for web development tasks
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- 4+ years experience in java web software development
- Equally versed in both Front-End and Back-End Development
- Experience with Grails, Java, Spring & Hibernate
- Experience building REST APIs
- Experience with Bootstrap, Node, SCSS, Angular
- Experience with AWS, S3, RDS (MySQL)
- Experience with GIT
- Must be willing to work out of Evanston office 2-3 days/week.
Our offices are located right off the Purple Line in Evanston and we also have access to workspace at 1871 in the Merchandise Mart. As a social enterprise, we can rest our heads on our pillows at night knowing we are doing some really impactful work. At the core, though, we’re all ambitious, driven, hardworking individuals who embody a high level of professionalism and always willing to do what it takes to get the work done.
The biggest benefit to working at FarmLogix is the opportunity to play an integral role in a growing, award-winning company!
Back to top