Freelance Digital Designer - Katie Lord Inc
About Katie Lord Inc
Katie Lord Inc is a creative design agency that uses clear communication and innovation to help businesses reach their branding goals. With transparency at its foundation, Katie Lord makes ideas happen using rounds of points tied to client tasklist, timeline and budget. Providing branding, graphic design, websites and pitch presentations, Katie Lord Inc has helped her clients secure more than $50 million in venture funding. Based in Chicago with national reach, Katie Lord Inc is equipped to help companies new and old showcase their brand, tell the right story and be noticed. Get in touch at www.katielord.com.
You've worked with intention to create beautiful experiences at every opportunity. Yet, you are never completely happy when you see a design because you know how it can be improved.
The Freelance Digital Designer will work closely with Katie Lord Inc. to create deliverables that could include but may not be limited to: marketing collateral, websites, emails, logo design, design templates, presentations, ads, social media, and print pieces. You will work within a fast paced environment on a variety of projects. Not only will you be working with brand styles, but also be able to create your own. Applicants without an online portfolio will not be considered.
- BS, BFA or BA with a major in design, graphic design, or art direction.
- 1-3 years of design experience with mobile and web.
- Expert level skills/knowledge of layout, spacing, visual flow, typography and color theory
- 3+ years of experience in design for both traditional and digital deliverables within an agency or in-house setting
- Must have and be a pro in Adobe CC (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign) PowerPoint, and InVision a plus
- Knowledge of WordPress, HTML and CSS
- A solid knowledge of interactive media production with technical knowledge of how web-based technologies apply to web design
- Proven success in delivering on-time and on-budget with no mistakes in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
- Self-starter who is customer-focused, detail-oriented, highly organized and an enthusiastic team player.
- A strong online portfolio demonstrating past, relevant work experience is required
- Must be a strong manager of time and be comfortable using project management tools
Opportunity for full-time depending upon fit
Access to a leading shared work space in Chicago: fresh fruit, unlimited coffee & beer, relaxation rooms, bike storage, and close to the brown line.
See Inside the Office of 1871
1871 is Chicago’s entrepreneurial hub for digital start-ups. With over 75,000 square-feet of facility space and continuing to expand, 1871 provides Chicago based start-ups with space, daily programming and events, connectivity, access to mentors, educational resources, potential investors, and a community of like-minded entrepreneurs. 1871 strives to help its exceptional 250+ start-ups—and their amazing designers, engineers, and entrepreneurs—build a path to successful businesses.
Back to top