Community Manager - PowerPost
PowerPost is a Content Publishing Platform that centralizes a brand’s content allowing for better collaboration, measuring and publishing. For the first time ever, an indispensable content publishing accelerator for brand marketers. Our proven content publishing SaaS solution distributes brand content across all channels; accelerating audience and new revenue growth. PowerPost is comprised of some of the best content creative and technology minds in the business with offices in both Chicago and St. Louis. As a late stage funded start-up, join our 40 employees as we look to grow exponentially and build an exciting culture of innovation in the MarTech ecosystem.
Behind every social community, there is someone driving the conversation. You listen to the buzz and are enthusiastic about joining the discussion. You have experience monitoring and managing social media presence for multiple clients across different social platforms. You’re highly motivated, organized, and have strong communication skills. Above all you’re a social native who’s plugged in 24/7. You’re a good writer and understand how to communicate visually with pictures and videos, even if you aren’t creating them.
- Work with agency team members (strategy, creative, and account teams) to craft compelling content that resonates with a variety of audiences.
- Be responsible for daily client deliverables.
- Serve as the community moderator, answer comments and questions, and prompt further engagement- escalating issues to Client Success Managers, following up on issues, and maintaining community standards. Perform conflict management and crisis management when needs arise.
- Execute platform-specific best practices across Facebook, Twitter, Snapchat, Pinterest, and Instagram. Provide internal/external teams with a recap, including implications and a unique and thorough point of view.
- Perform outreach activities, and develop and maintain relationships with key bloggers and other influencers. Leverage those relationships and opportunities where appropriate.
- Collaborate with Client Success Manager to understand and implement community promotion and engagement strategies and tactics as they relate to the brands’ goals.
- Develop, maintain and update community management training resources, guidelines, processes, and policies.
- Monitor discussions, resource postings, and trends within the community. Identify and report trends and advise on potential opportunities.
- Execute Crisis Management plans when applicable, inform Client Success Managers.
- New Business Demos
- Demo PowerPost tool to prospective clients and work with them so that they understand how it fits into their business.
- Research accounts, identify key players, generate interest and develop accounts to stimulate opportunity.
- Perform market research to gather additional information about inbound prospects.
- Strong writing and communication skills – we’d like to see a writing sample or two!
- You excel at research and are able to identify threats and opportunities in social media content
- You have superior project management skills
- You’re able to work individually on a project or in a team environment
- You’re a fast learner. We don’t expect you to come in the door and know everything about social media community management, but we’re looking for someone eager who will do what it takes to ramp up for the job!
- Given the nature of social media, weekend, holiday, and off-hours work may be required.
- BA/BS required
Nice to have:
- Experience managing social media communities of 20,000+ fans/followers
- BA/BS in Journalism or related field.
See Inside the Office of 1871
1871 is Chicago’s entrepreneurial hub for digital start-ups. With over 75,000 square-feet of facility space and continuing to expand, 1871 provides Chicago based start-ups with space, daily programming and events, connectivity, access to mentors, educational resources, potential investors, and a community of like-minded entrepreneurs. 1871 strives to help its exceptional 250+ start-ups—and their amazing designers, engineers, and entrepreneurs—build a path to successful businesses.
Back to top