Community Advocate Intern - GrowIt!
Intern, Community Advocate (Engagement, Development)
(Great position for students studying Marketing, Writing, Communications, Public Relations)
What we do:
GrowIt! is a mobile app community for gardening socially. We connect a younger consumer to gardening. The mission of the GrowIt! community is to inspire, connect, and educate. The Community team at GrowIt! is responsible for providing an amazing member experience. We cultivate relationships to create super-fans and their ownership and excitement for the GrowIt! ripples through the community and creates more fans. We organize initiatives to ensure value for our community members. Our deliverables include engagement metrics, ratings/reviews, NPS scores, and retention.
Community Advocate responsibilities:
1. Community management: Moderate community content (photos, comments) to ensure all members are abiding by community guidelines. Moderate when necessary.
2. Member service: Engage with members inbound emails. Wow them with prompt, above-andbeyond customer service. You’ll respond to member inquiries, using canned responses, creating responses (and adding to wiki) when necessary. Surprise and delight fulfillment — we like to surprise our members with handwritten notes and small gifts.
3. Community analytics: Categorize and analyze user feedback — provide an analysis or recommendation for priority app improvements based on member submitted feedback. Review user engagement data — provide weekly analysis for outreach efforts.
4. Writing: Write great content for blog, member emails, and other social channels based on content calendar and strategy.
5. Plan and execute projects: Member care demo videos (or photo / SlideShare series), Influencer program, Ambassador program.
RequirementsWhat We’re Looking For
1. Service attitude: Focused on the member experience and anticipating needs. Responding to email support inquiries, and recognizing above-and-beyond opportunities to surprise and delight.
2. Process-driven work style: Understands the importance of systems to enable us to deliver quality at scale — we have over 200,000 users. Takes ownership of the work and is always looking for improvements in process and execution. Can document process.
3. Analytical skills: Can interpret data, draw meaningful conclusions, and can provide an analysis of what needs to happen next. Values data and invests the time to gather and analyze it.
4. Relationship-building skills: Sociable, caring, engaging, and approachable person who can build meaningful relationships with the members of the GrowIt! community.
5. Fantastic communications skills: High-level written communication skills. Will write across mediums: blog posts, emails, push notifications, in-app messages, wikis, data analysis, etc.
How to get this job:
Apply here! We want to see a cover letter and resume. Show us what you’ve done (in class, at other internships, or jobs) and how it aligns with the responsibilities noted above. If we think you’re a good fit, we’ll invite you for a 15-minute phone conversation. Finalists will be invited to 1871 for a 60-minute interview/tour.
Location: We work out of 1871, Chicago’s tech hub incubator. Internship hours are M-F, flexible, but consistent hours depending on class schedule. Commit to 10 hours a week. At 1871, you’ll have the opportunity to engage with other Chicago start-ups and take additional workshops dependent on your interests.
Compensation: Paid Internship – $15/hr
Back to top