Business Development Manager - Tangiblee
Tangiblee is a fast-growing, well-funded e-commerce start-up (and Techstars 2014 alum) that has revolutionized the way users interact with products online. Our unique solution dramatically improves website performance for retailers, increasing conversion rates, lifting order values, and reducing churn, while creating a more helpful, engaging user experience.
You can see Tangiblee in action at:
- Samsonite – Briefcase (click on “View Size” thumbnail)
- Bloomingdale’s – Michael Kors handbag (click ‘How big is this item?’)
- Ashford – Bulgari Watch (click the hand thumbnail/ “will it fit?”)
- Living Spaces – Sofa (click on view size)
Top retailers worldwide such as Bloomingdales (US), ShopDirect Group (UK), Rebecca Minkoff(US), Ashford (US), Titan.co.in (India), Bellroy (Australia) and more have already implemented Tangiblee’s solution and now we’re in the market for talented sales and business managers to help us scale our efforts with a proven technology.
We are located in downtown Chicago backed by the amazing network of Techstars mentors and investors, with tech leaders such as Amanda Lannert, Mike Gamson and more.
What’s the job, exactly?
In a nutshell, it’s the full gamut of B2B business development – from lead identification toprospecting, to pitching, nurturing and closing – for our software solution.
- Hit or exceed monthly new revenue quota.
- Prospect, call, and email outbound to generate interest.
- Respond and qualify inbound leads and manage them through the funnel to closure.
- Run live demos for customers over the phone and screen sharing tools to close paid pilots – we don’t do free pilots!
- Manage new retailers from pilot sign-up to commercial deployment and grow them to tight partnerships.
- Work closely with the CEO and other Sales & Business Development Manager to grow the sales team and continuously improve the sales processes.
- Compose and manage the nurture campaigns and follow up emails using Yesware MailMerge and MailChimp.
- Help keep us honest (and innovative). Since you’ll be frontline with the customer, we want your ideas and insights for how to evolve the product offering and to uncover new opportunities.
RequirementsWhat are we looking for?
We’re on the lookout for driven, curious, self-learning, process-oriented,and hardworking people who choose to do sales because they love it, are excited about selling, and truly connect to Tangiblee as a product. Ideal experience is:
- College graduates with a minimum of 2-4 years of experience in selling B2B SaaS solutions, preferably to online retailers
- Previous experience working in a long sales cycle environment
- People who are comfortable on the phone
- Amazing verbal and written communication skills
- Technical understanding of eCommerce websites
- Work well independently, and self-learning capabilities, great time management skills.
- Experienced with CRM tools (Salesforce, BaseCRM), analytics tools (GA, Clicky),marketing automation tools (Yesware, MailChimp, Hubspot).
- Someone with keen attention to detail, extremely organized, someone who never let things fall between the cracks.
BenefitsWhat’s in it for you?
- Competitive salary + uncapped commissions and bonuses based on performance.
- The thrill of getting in early. You’ll be part of the founding sales team where there’s a ton of opportunity to grow as the company does.
- Make your impact on the company and the product. We build our roadmap based on customer feedback. For that reason you’ll have a unique opportunity help plan and design the product roadmap of the company.
- Creative, yet quiet work environment – we have an office at 318 W. Adams (hence the quiet), and access to the Techstars’ space (creative…) in 1871 within the Merchandise Mart Plaza. 1871 is the largest tech hub in Chicago for startups, with a strong community and daily events to scratch your entrepreneurial itches.
- Easy transportation – The brown and purple lines both stop at the Mart and Adams office, easy in, easy out.
- The opportunity to join a fast-growing start-up with a unique product; you’ll be the first to sell it on the market.
Please send a cover letter that highlights three reasons you think you’re a keeper, focusing on how your past work experience has prepared you for this kind of position – or why you think you can rock the job even though you don’t have past work experience that’s perfectly aligned. Writing is a fundamental part of what we do, and we weigh cover letters heavily.
Back to top