Business Development Director - Fizz
We take the pain out of the performance review process. Fizz is a SaaS solution that facilitates and streamlines communication between manager and employee through frequent, structured touchpoints. When it’s time for review, the manager is sitting on a cache of data to inform the process; no tedious, inaccurate assessment forms required.
We also recently completed the 2nd cohort of 1871’s WiSTEM, a first of its kind program designed to foster opportunities for women entrepreneurs in technology.
Want to solve an enormous problem that has the potential to make millions of people much happier at work…and you their hero?
Help us introduce Fizz, an HR platform that streamlines performance reviews by facilitating micro-interactions between managers and their direct reports—powering on-demand, ongoing feedback. Help employees develop and grow, managers be better managers, and companies successfully engage and retain their talent.
Fizz is a fast growing tech startup based in Chicago that is seeking an entrepreneurial business development director, meaning you will need to be self-directed and hard working.
Get in at the ground floor as our first sales hire. In addition to an opportunity to work for a high-growth organization, you’ll be helping us define our sales strategy and evolve our product in real-time. You will work closely with the founding team and report directly into the CEO.
Your primary objective will be generating new business opportunities to fuel our growth.
As with all startups, you’ll be responsible for supporting a number of different functions. We’re talking about full customer lifecycle management — from prospecting to first contact, all the way through to on-boarding and retention.
This role will be based in Chicago and will require you to play the role of both inside and outside salesperson.
You will be responsible for customer closes using consultative selling strategies to craft and negotiate partnerships that align with both our objectives and those of the client.
You will need to hold high-level conversations with senior executives in prospect accounts.
You will be held accountable to achieving monthly quotas of qualified opportunities and closed business.
- Must love—and take pride in—solving client’s needs while growing our business.
- Must be able to show us awesome examples that reflect your mastery of the consultative sales process. And by “us,” we mean not just us, but our panel of sales advisors.
- Preference for HR Tech sales expertise.
- Must be autonomous and self-motivated. We’re going to lean on you to keep the pipeline full.
- Must be an exceptional communicator. This sort of comes with the territory if you’re a good salesperson, but thought we’d make it explicit.
- Must have an affinity for understanding the needs of multiple stakeholders and decision makers.
- Must be able to work collaboratively with lots of team members from different disciplines, including product managers, engineers, executives, and interns.
- Must be willing to brainstorm openly, bringing a “yes, and” mentality and checking ego at the door.
- HEADS UP: Fizz is a no-ego zone. Must be friendly and kind. We’re going to spend a lot of time with each other, so let’s be down-to-earth.
- You must be a constant learner — always striving to be better; to improve your pitch — and be open to coaching and your own professional development.
- Must appreciate that sales is more than just hitting a target; it’s also about going the extra mile for the client and the company.
- Must be a consistent over-achiever — someone who views sales targets as the minimum expectation.
- Must have experience selling over the phone and cold-calling various types of businesses, as well as experience with in-person meetings.
- Must be comfortable with interfacing with and solving the needs of executives (we’re talking CEOs, COOs, and HR directors) working in a wide array of industries.
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited University
- 3 – 5 years of full-time corporate (or startup), software sales experience (HR software a plus)
- CRM experience, Salesforce a plus
This is a position with ridiculous potential. We are moving quickly and need an all-hands-on-deck sales heavyweight on board ASAP. This position includes a generous performance based variable comp plan. On target earnings equal to $100,000 (base + variable). Equity offered.
Because written communication skills are imperative for this role, we ask that all candidates who wish to be considered submit a cover letter with their application.
Back to top