Associate - Pritzker Group Venture Capital
About Pritzker Group Venture Capital
Pritzker Group Venture Capital, led by Tony and J.B. Pritzker, is the largest technology venture investor based in the Midwest. We have investment teams in Chicago and Los Angeles that help entrepreneurs across the country build market-leading technology companies at every stage of their growth.
Since our founding in 1996, our firm has worked side-by-side with entrepreneurs at more than 100 companies, building partnerships based on trust and integrity. Our proprietary capital structure allows for tremendous flexibility, and our experienced team of investment professionals and entrepreneurs offers companies a vast network of strategic relationships and guidance.
Our recent investments include Viv, X.ai, Swipely, Dollar Shave Club, The Honest Company, SpotHero, Curiosity.com and Options Away. Our recent exits include AwesomenessTV (acquired by Dreamworks), Fleetmatics (NYSE: FLTX), SinglePlatform (acquired by Constant Contact), Zinch (acquired by Chegg), Playdom (acquired by Disney), LeftHand Networks (acquired by Hewlett-Packard), and TicketsNow (acquired by Ticketmaster).
For more information, visit www.pritzkergroup.com.
Pritzker Group Venture Capital (PGVC) is looking to hire an Associate to our Chicago
The Associate position at PGVC is an exciting and unique opportunity for candidates to break into the world of Venture Capital. As an Associate, you will have a front seat to see the latest technology trends and emerging companies in our focus areas (Consumer, Enterprise, Healthcare IT, and Emerging Technologies). Previous Associates have a strong history of growing within the team, launching their ownstartups, joining a portfolio company, or pursuing a MBA at a top business school. Associates work closely with all members of the investment team and are actively involved in the day-to-day efforts of the firm, including:
- Market Research / Deal Diligence – help identify and diligence investment opportunities in existing and new markets / focus areas, including meeting with entrepreneurs and subject matter experts (note: this is not a sourcing focused role)
- Deal Execution – executing new and follow-on financings (investment memos, deal structuring, legal diligence, etc.)
- Portfolio Support – helping portfolio companies with strategic/financial analysis and attending board meetings
- Ecosystem Building – engaging with all aspects of the Chicago entrepreneurial community and representing PGVC.
- Deal Execution – executing new and follow on financing (investment memos, deal structuring, legal diligence, etc.)
The ideal candidate has the following qualifications:
- Demonstrated interest in technology
- Demonstrated entrepreneurial drive
- 2-5 years of relevant work experience with exposure to startup/technology businesses
- Strong written and analytics skills for deal analysis
- Excellent interpersonal skills for interacting with entrepreneur and the broader community
- Passion for technology and someone who loves to challenge our imagination to how technology can help solve the world’s most difficult problems
We expect a tremendous amount from our Associates and believe this is one of the top opportunities to start a career in VC or the startup world. If you are interested in applying – please email [email protected] with a resume, optional links to your own content (Twitter, Blogs, GitHub, etc.), and a description of why you would make an excellent candidate.
Back to top