Account Manager - Chowly
What is Chowly?
Chowly integrates third party online ordering platforms (TOOS), such as Grubhub, Eat24 and ChowNow with restaurants’ POS (point-of-sale systems) bringing the virtual ordering experience full circle. When a restaurant receives an order from one of these online ordering platforms, they typically receive it via email, fax, or tablet. From there, employees need to manually enter the order into the POS leaving tons of room for error – from order information to delivery address. Chowly integrates the orders directly with restaurants’ POS reducing error and time!
The Chowly Account Manager provides a 5-star customer experience to all Chowly clients. Working in-office or remotely, the Chowly AM contacts signed Chowly clients to schedule installations, organize launches and provide on-going support to clients. The AM also reviews and updates menu mappings between Third-party Online Ordering Solutions (TOOS) and connected restaurant Point-of-Sale (POS) menus.
The ideal candidate will be able to think critically about similarities between two data sets and provide accurate mappings. Data is a large part of our business and we will require attention to details and a solid work ethic. Working in our proprietary content management system will be a large part of your job.
We currently have and are continuing to improve automated tools to take much of the tediousness out of the job, however a large part of the role is careful review and augmentation of the results.
- Contacting restaurant clients to schedule installations and launches
- Installing Chowly-ware and configuring internal restaurant POS to handle integrated solutions
- Build and review menu mappings while working within provided timelines for clients
- Running Data Question meetings with very busy clientele
- Performing test orders to the client’s satisfaction and immediately adjusting mapping fixes
- Recording all notes and confirmations made during install and launch calls with clients
- Coordinating with Operations superiors with any questionable menu mappings or trouble-shooting configuration or software issues
- Being available to take support calls during “on-call” hours to answer questions for clients
- Inform management in a timely manner of compliance problems, project schedule delays, common issues that occur for clients
- Perform other related duties and responsibilities as defined by management
- 1-2 years’ experience in a Customer Service focused field with an emphasis on software or technology
- Experience with in-person or phone customer support
- Proficiency in the use of MS Office and Gmail
- Proficient Mac user preferred
- Past experience with CRM preferred
- Ability to pass background screening
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience preferred
- Database management experience desired
- Ability to triage workload in a fast-paced high volume work environment
- Strong organizational skills to manage daily tasks and routine assignments
- Strong teamwork and communication skills — will involve interfacing and supporting various functional departments
- Strong MS Excel skills and experience with data entry
This is a full-time role, paid by salary with room for career growth through managing other AM’s. This position is benefits eligible. We provide competitive Health and Dental coverage, monthly stipend towards transportation of your choice (i.e. Metra, CTA, UberPOOL, etc), monthly stipend towards gym membership, and partial remote work opportunity.
Back to top