We're America's Largest Pet Pharmacy®
•Over 9 million satisfied customers have saved money with us!
•Licensed pharmacy like Walgreens and CVS.
•Awarded Vet-VIPPS accreditation by the National Association of Boards of Pharmacy®.
•A+ Ac9ucredited Member of the Better Business Bureau.
•Public company (NASDAQ symbol: PETS).
1-800-PetMeds employs nearly 200 full-time employees in our offices located in sunny South Florida. Although currently located in Pompano Beach, we will be moving to our beautiful new office in Delray Beach, FL - the "Most Fun Small Town in America" - by year's end. Located just a stone's throw from award-winning beaches, nightlife, sporting events, shopping and restaurants, Delray Beach has all the charm of a small community with all of the amenities of a big city. The 1-800-PetMeds office is located directly across the street from the Tri-Rail station, providing transportation by train north to West Palm Beach and south to Fort Lauderdale and Miami, with numerous stops in between. Trolley service is also available from the Tri-Rail station to downtown Delray Beach.
1-800-PetMeds is a Drugfree Workplace, and employment is contingent upon successfully passing a pre-employment Drug Screen and Background Check.
In anticipation of staffing our new office beginning this Fall, we are currently accepting applications for the following position:
Maintenance Technician, Facilities and Equipment
The Maintenance Technician will have the ability to design solutions for difficult problems involving the maintenance of warehouse equipment and machinery. This position has no direct reports but will supervise and coordinate the work of outside vendors who may assist with repair and maintenance of the facility, equipment and machinery. Must be able to be on call for emergencies, able to handle multiple projects and daily activities, and meet time lines.
• Maintain and troubleshoot all conveyor systems, electrical and mechanical
• Develop Preventive Maintenance programs for applicable equipment and machinery
• Ability to install, maintain, and troubleshoot power distribution systems, branch circuits, lighting systems, transformers, and wiring methods and materials
• Ability to install, maintain, and troubleshoot relay logic, ladder diagrams, control components-- photo eyes, motor starters, relays, limit switches, proximity sensors, timers, solenoids, Servo drives, frequency inverters, linear drives, tachs, and encoders
• Have an understanding of PLC programs, ability to troubleshoot ladder logic (read use for troubleshooting), components (CPU back plains, I/O boards, counters, modules, and devices) and communications modules (Ethernet)
• Arrange for and manage appropriate third-party contractor support as needed
• Prepare budgets and secure estimates and cost quotes as needed
• Enforce sound safety and housekeeping practices
• Develop and maintain a good working relationships across all levels in the organization
• All other reasonable duties, as assigned
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
• High school / trade school diploma or GED
• Certified in OSHA programs and practices
• Demonstrated mechanical and electrical knowledge and repair abilities
• Experience and proficiency with the following:
- Automated conveyors systems and controls
- Electrical and electronic principles
- Blueprint and electrical schematic reading
- Preventative maintenance procedures
- Industrial electrical
- Industrial controls
- Industrial Electronics
- Industrial PC literacy
• Ability to be onsite during standard hours of operation as well as be on call whenever needed
• Ability to interface with all types of mechanical and construction contractors
• Knowledgeable in all phases of construction and building maintenance
• Exhibit strong judgment and decision-making skills
• Demonstrated ability to multi-task and prioritize many different projects and workloads
• Ability to work independently
• Ability to communicate effectively (written and verbally) with peers, management, contractors and vendors
• Must be highly self-motivated and customer-centric
• Lift and move items up to 49 pounds each
• Regular bending, lifting, stretching and reaching both below the waist and above the head
• Occasionally push and pull wheeled dollies loaded with products up to 100 poun
• Engage in full manual dexterity in both hands and wrists
• Walking in the distribution center and around area with great frequency
• Ability to climb ladders and gangways safely and without limitation
• Ability to work in construction /distribution environments that may be noisy, unlit, unheated, not air-conditioned
• Continual standing and/or walking an average of 5 miles daily
• Able to access all areas of the building (ascending and descending ladders, stairs, etc.)
Back to top