Software Engineer II - Enterprise
Do you enjoy complex problem solving? Are you passionate, diligent, and motivated? Are you a team player? If so, this job is for you!
WHY YOU WANT THIS JOB
You will be directly responsible for changing the culture of software development at 1-800 contacts. We are trying to change how applications interact with our legacy database. The goal is to decouple applications from the database to allow development teams to be more flexible and move faster. As a member of the team you will be working in a fast moving agile team atmosphere where design and internal team customer service are both key to our future success. It is our mission to provide highly available, well-designed web services that can be consumed by other internal development teams. These teams must be able to rely on our services to be robust, resilient and reliable. You must be able to work well in a small team environment and speak candidly with fellow team members. We expect one another to work together to find the best overall solution for the company.
THINGS YOU WILL DO
- Provide excellent customer service to internal development teams as they integrate to our web services using client libraries written by our team
- Help design and create robust, resilient and reliable web services to be consumed by other development teams
- You will work with other team members in a paired programming environment or create pull-requests to do code reviews
- Use TDD to develop and test high quality REST based web services using C# and Web API 2
- Participate in all aspects of software development including requirements analysis, technical investigation, software design and implementation, testing, and deployment
- Work closely with other business departments within the company
- Troubleshoot production issues and work effectively with other team members to identify and address problems
- Experience with web services and REST
- Experience with C# and Web API 2
- Experience with SQL Server and T-SQL
- Communicate candidly with peers
- Be receptive to the ideas, opinions and feedback of other team members and co-workers
- Successfully use agile development methodologies
- Explain code to professionals inside and outside of the software engineering field
- Work independently or as part of a team
- Being passionate about software development to create high quality software solutions.
- Being engaged and taking ownership of my work
- Researching and learning new technologies
- Being meticulous in my work to complete projects in a timely manner
See Inside the Office of 1-800 Contacts
Dedicated to providing consumers with a simple, hassle-free way to buy and replace contact lenses, the company was founded with an intimate understanding of the two key frustrations among contact lens wearers—namely, that contacts are both expensive and inconvenient to replace. The organization solves these issues for customers by delivering prescriptions lenses to their door—at the lowest possible price.
Back to top