Software Engineer - Full Stack
Why You Want This Job
As a Full Stack Software Engineer specializing in E-Commerce, you will be in a highly visible, customer facing position working with a team that enjoys continuous learning and training. You will have opportunities to work in a variety of different languages and be able to innovate new ideas.
Employees who have this job can promote to Senior Engineer, Software Engineer Team Lead, and Software Engineer Manager.
This position is a full-time position.
Why you’ll love us
Of all the companies out there that talk about putting the customer first, 1-800 Contacts is one of the few that walks the walk. We invest in the talent and technology to make sure our customers have a remarkable experience.
Plus, we have free food. So that’s cool, too.
Things You’ll Do
- Participate in all aspects of software development including requirements analysis, task estimation and sizing, technical investigation, software design and implementation, testing, and deployment.
- Follow Agile/ XP development methodology and ensure compliance within group
- Work closely with other business departments within the company
- Troubleshoot production issues and work effectively with other team members to identify and address problems
- Estimate and meet assigned development goals and target delivery dates
- Experience with HTML and CSS
- Experience with Web Services, WCF, and REST
- Experience with Object Oriented languages such as C# or Java
- Experience with SQL Server and T-SQL
- Experience with TDD and Unit Testing
- Experience with or a willingness to learn Salesforce Commerce Cloud
- Experience with WebAPI and ASP.Net is highly preferred
- Successfully use agile development methodologies
- Explain code to professionals inside and outside of the software engineering field
- Work both independently and as part of a team
- Work occasional Saturdays, Sundays, and holidays if needed to complete a project
- Exploring and learning new technologies
- Being meticulous in my work
- Completing projects in a timely manner
- Developing new applications
- Being a team player and working with others
- Taking ownership and responsibilities for my work
It’s long been a belief of 1-800 Contacts that if we take care of our associates, they’ll take care of our customers.
Every associate gets free breakfast, snacks, fruit, and drinks. Lunches (salmon or fillet mignon, anyone?) are highly subsidized. Our on-site gym offers free personal training. And you can schedule discounted dry cleaning pickup, oil changes, or a massage through our payroll deduction system.
Your family and friends are important to you, so they’re important to us. It’s common to see spouses, kids, and friends enjoying a meal with our associates. Everyone is invited to our massive annual film festival where we rent out theaters to watch new movies the night before they’re released (popcorn included) and our summer party with food, gift bags, and prizes. Flu shots, health assessments, and gym access are available to family as well.
All this is in addition to full medical, dental, 401k matching, paid time off, $2,500 per year in tuition reimbursement, flexible schedules, and more.
This position is full-time with the primary schedule being 8:00am – 5:00pm (with some variations). This individual must be willing and able to work in Draper, UT.
Meet Some of 1-800 Contacts's Employees
Ashlyn oversees all customer interactions and communication points. Her main goal is to ensure the company provides the best possible customer service.
Back to top