Why you want this job
We are seeking a Product Manager to help deliver world-class customer experiences on our Mobile App Storefronts. You will be responsible for helping to define 1-800 Contacts’ Mobile App product strategy and roadmap. You will work with internal & external technology partners to deliver customer service driven app experiences that drive customer engagement and revenue. You need to have strong collaboration and analytical skills and be able to work across departments (design, development, and QA) to ensure successful implementation and delivery of various initiatives.
Why you’ll love us
Of all the companies out there that talk about putting the customer first, 1-800 Contacts is one of the few that walks the walk. We invest in the talent and technology to make sure our customers have a remarkable experience.
Plus, we have free food. So that’s cool, too.
What you’ll do
- Create and present business cases to senior leaders for proposed projects, and then work with development and analytics to capture implementation effort, opportunity, and costs
- Execute on the product roadmap and vet business cases; employing industry best practices, competitive insights, market trends, and AB testing.
- Represent the customer through personas, scenarios, and uses cases in product discovery.
- Partner in product discovery to derive requirements for approved projects enabling agile development teams to deliver efficiently.
- Build and maintain a prioritized product backlog that supports approved initiatives and corporate strategy.
- Facilitate mobile app product development and marketing programs to drive incremental traffic, and mobile transfers across channels.
- Continuous reporting and analytics on performance & metrics, including post-project release impact reports, leading to actionable plans and results.
- Oversee UI testing for the both iOS and Android apps from design to implementation through AB testing tools to ensure the best user experience and increase revenue.
- Execute on cross-channel opportunities that streamline customer experience to deliver world-class customer service.
- Maintain internal and external relationships with regard to technical teams, content, project management, internal departments, and vendors.
What you have
- Ability to innovate and define creative solutions with compelling user experiences that exceed customer expectations.
- Understanding of ecommerce technological opportunities such as social media, location based services, bar code technology and other emerging technologies.
- Challenges the status quo, champions change, and influences others to change.
- Technical aptitude and understanding of app/mobile technology.
- Real passion for mobile-based technology.
- Strong understanding of the ecommerce customer lifecycle.
- Understanding of agile practices and methodologies.
- Strong analytics experience with Omniture (preferred, not required.)
- Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing, economics, or equivalent.
- 2+ years in software product management, ideally in an ecommerce/m-commerce role.
It’s long been a belief of 1-800 Contacts that if we take care of our associates, they’ll take care of our customers.
Every associate gets free breakfast, snacks, fruit, and drinks. Lunches (salmon or fillet mignon, anyone?) are highly subsidized. Our on-site gym offers free personal training. And you can schedule discounted dry cleaning pickup, oil changes, or a massage through our payroll deduction system.
Your family and friends are important to you, so they’re important to us. It’s common to see spouses, kids, and friends enjoying a meal with our associates. Everyone is invited to our massive annual film festival where we rent out theaters to watch new movies the night before they’re released (popcorn included) and our summer party with food, gift bags, and prizes. Flu shots, health assessments, and gym access are available to family as well.
All this is in addition to full medical, dental, 401k matching, paid time off, $2,500 per year in tuition reimbursement, flexible schedules, and more.
Meet Some of 1-800 Contacts's Employees
President and CEO
1-800-Contacts is a place I can be challenged and work with really smart people.
Back to top