Internal Communications Coordinator
Why You Want This Job:
As the Internal Communications Coordinator, you will devise engaging campaigns and new ways to share important news and information across the organization. You will help to reinforce the mission, values, and culture of 1-800 Contacts using your storytelling skills to inform and engage associates. This high-visibility and strategically important role will use and develop your ability to create and deliver communication programs and campaigns to associates across multiple locations. You will collaborate with internal clients across departments (Finance, Legal, Marketing, IT, Operations, etc.) and geographies.
Things You’ll Do:
We are looking for a quick-witted, detailed-oriented, intellectually curious person to join the People Department. To succeed you'll need to be able to combine creativity with technical and organizational skills to manage numerous different projects to tight deadlines simultaneously. You will leave no stone unturned while creating compelling content to connect our associates. You enjoy pitching to all kinds of audiences, listening to understand the objectives and goals, and effectively and efficiently communicating with associates.
Things happen quickly at 1-800 Contacts. To get stuff done here, you need to be an enthusiastic team player - a self-starter who can work cross-functionally and isn't frightened to take risks or try out new ways of doing things.
We also roll up our sleeves and manage the communications fundamentals (think: nuts to bolts), including creating and editing copy, creating distribution lists, putting content into templates and handling ad-hoc requests for emails, Focus, texts, newsletters, and beyond. The thought of QA and Troubleshooting issues is exciting and working effectively with team members to identify and address problems sounds fun.
Job Match Checklist:
- A bachelor degree in communications, English, journalism, marketing or equivalent practical experience
- A passion for storytelling, as well as an affinity for listening
- Exceptional writing and communication skills with the ability to write for different audiences, channels, tones and styles
- Experience producing error-free copy under tight deadlines
- Experience with SharePoint and an email service provider (ESP) like Salesforce Marketing Cloud (ExactTarget)
- Experience working with website content and content management systems
- Experience with HTML, data feeds, email tracking and metrics
- Experience in project management, coordinating, and delivering detailed projects on time
- A proven track record with two years of increasing responsibility in the communications field
- Creative problem-solving and collaboration skills
- Grace in giving and receiving criticism and feedback
- Consult with internal customers and stakeholders to clearly understand business objectives and create effective communication campaigns to drive the desired outcomes
- Effectively navigate fast-changing environments
- Take initiative because I am highly motivated
- Work well with others , build trust with the team and stakeholders, and work effectively in a highly collaborative team environment, just as well as being an individual contributor
- Shape, grow and protect the 1-800 Contacts brand through strategic and creative storytelling
- To inspire others through my products, actions, words, and promises
- The 1-800 Contacts brand, what we stand for, what we do, where we are going
- Being meticulous in my work
- To complete projects in a timely manner
Why you’ll love us:
Of all the companies out there that talk about putting the customer first, 1-800 Contacts is one of the few that walks the walk. We invest in the talent and technology to make sure our customers have a remarkable experience.
Plus, we have free food. So that’s cool, too.
It’s long been a belief of 1-800 Contacts that if we take care of our associates, they’ll take care of our customers.
Every associate gets free breakfast, snacks, fruit, and drinks. Lunches (salmon or fillet mignon, anyone?) are highly subsidized. Our on-site gym offers free personal training. And you can schedule discounted dry cleaning pickup, oil changes, or a massage through our payroll deduction system.
Your family and friends are important to you, so they’re important to us. It’s common to see spouses, kids, and friends enjoying a meal with our associates. Everyone is invited to our massive annual film festival where we rent out theaters to watch new movies the night before they’re released (popcorn included) and our summer party with food, gift bags, and prizes. Flu shots, health assessments, and gym access are available to family as well.
All this is in addition to full medical, dental, 401k matching, paid time off, $2,500 per year in tuition reimbursement, flexible schedules, and more.
Meet Some of 1-800 Contacts's Employees
President and CEO
1-800-Contacts is a place I can be challenged and work with really smart people.
Back to top