DBA II / Database Administrator
Why You Want This Job
You get to be a part of the A-Team at 1-800 Contacts. What does this mean? It means this team runs the show in the database world. You will utilize SQL server 2016 along with other innovative technology to accomplish the team goals. You will have a flexible work life balance, extensive training opportunities, and are on call only once every four weeks. Pretty exciting stuff!
Why you’ll love us
Of all the companies out there that talk about putting the customer first, 1-800 Contacts is one of the few that walks the walk. We invest in the talent and technology to make sure our customers have a remarkable experience.
Plus, we have free food. So that’s cool, too.
Things You’ll Do
- Implement database standards.
- Work with project teams and clients to assist with data requirements, data interface designs and data conversion efforts.
- Design, code, test and implement database solutions as part of the application system development projects.
- Support daily database tuning and performance monitoring.
- Deploy SQL Server upgrades and patches.
- Work as part of a team to provide 24x7 support when needed, with on-call rotation.
- Troubleshoot operational data issues and perform ad-hoc reporting as needed.
What you have
- Bachelor’s degree preferred or applicable SQL Server experience.
- Minimum 5+ years direct SQL Server experience, preferably in DBA or database development role.
- Demonstrated superior analytical skills.
- Excellent communication, project management and decision making skills.
- Development and agile experience a plus.
- Learn quickly in a dynamic environment.
Why we will love you
- Have a deep passion for data and SQL Server.
- Methodical, risk-averse, process oriented
- Analytical mindset
- Detail oriented
It’s long been a belief of 1-800 Contacts that if we take care of our associates, they’ll take care of our customers.
Every associate gets free breakfast, snacks, fruit, and drinks. Lunches (salmon or fillet mignon, anyone?) are highly subsidized. Our on-site gym offers free personal training. And you can schedule discounted dry cleaning pickup, oil changes, or a massage through our payroll deduction system.
Your family and friends are important to you, so they’re important to us. It’s common to see spouses, kids, and friends enjoying a meal with our associates. Everyone is invited to our massive annual film festival where we rent out theaters to watch new movies the night before they’re released (popcorn included) and our summer party with food, gift bags, and prizes. Flu shots, health assessments, and gym access are available to family as well.
All this is in addition to full medical, dental, 401k matching, paid time off, $2,500 per year in tuition reimbursement, flexible schedules, and more.
Meet Some of 1-800 Contacts's Employees
President and CEO
1-800-Contacts is a place I can be challenged and work with really smart people.
Back to top