Customer Database Insights & Operations Director
Leader\Director, Customer Database Insights & Operations
Reporting directly to the CMO, the Director is responsible for the acquisition, management and analysis of all data information in support of enterprise growth and on going marketing initiatives.
Primary Responsibility: This role will lead the company in deriving more value from its rich customer data.
This individual will partner with marketing and channel leader to clarify business needs with an omni-channel and customer-centric point-of-vie; grounded in customer value economics.
And will partner with the technology team to design and deploy new solutions and improve existing solutions.
The individual will support the organization by managing all sources of data gathered by the organization.
- Interact with marketing and channel teams to understand the types of information and data needed to support their efforts.
- Track, analyze and develop metrics to identify trends and patterns within the existing consumer data as well as data acquired externally.
- Effectively identify alternative data sources to improve marketing decisions.
- Lead centralized analytic team and external partners that drives marketing, value and risk modeling, LTV modeling, and other predictive models for cross-sell and upsell for both new customer acquisition and customer management.
- Help determine the effectiveness of various outside sources of data purchased by the organization and their various impacts on the success of the user base.
- Help analyze data to determine the most effective and efficient manners in which to reach and target the various consumer groups served by the company.
- Interact with the technical team to support the design and use of various CRM applications and data mining tools (e.g. ESP. CDP. DMP, others tbd) to effectively support the marketing and sales efforts of the company.
- Track, monitor, analyze and report on all data captured by the organization through external or internal sources.
- Work with the internal team and external consultants to understand data needs in order to provide the best solutions.
- Drive marketing spend optimization via innovative analytics for TV, mail, email, social, and cross-channel journeys.
- Assess current analytical capabilities and develop a comprehensive Performance Analytics Roadmap outlining the required data foundation and analyses to enable optimal decisions around marketing efforts and spend allocation.
- Construct framework and strategy for understanding and analyzing key customer insights and behavior to drive promotional strategy.
- Create and drive insights from multiple analytics and research methods and tools; e.g., NPS, customer surveys, brand tracker, customer churn reporting, customer value migration reporting, etc.
- Drive acquisition and “onboarding” of new BI and analytics tools into the business units.
- Deep experience with digital analytic tools (Adobe, Google, ….).
The successful candidate will have 10 plus years of experience in database marketing and data information management within consumer finance or a related direct to consumer enterprise. This individual must also have a strong business orientation and the ability to execute data driven marketing strategies. An ability to communicate amongst both technical and non technical teams is essential for success in this role. Proven ability to work with legacy applications and successfully migrate or interface those with newer technologies is also preferred.
- Outstanding communication skills throughout all levels of an organization, permitting complex technical matters to be understood by business professionals.
- Ability to lead multiple cross-company initiatives and analyses to help improve the monetization of key products and offerings.
- Implementation experience with CRM and related enterprise-class databases such as a CDP, Teradata, Oracle, SQL Server or similar technologies.
- Ability to build comprehensive data models to enable ROI optimization of marketing resources.
- Strong experience with LTV based Cost Per Acquisition optimization, and at segment levels; experience with Potential value modeling for CRM and acquisition (preferred).
- Proven experience in list acquisition and analysis in support of marketing efforts.
- Ability to improve “insight’ delivery process from “business needs assessments” to actionable insights.
- Proven experience in conducting data overlays and analysis of existing customer sets.
- Experience in marketing analysis, web analytics and strategic planning.
- Previous experience developing test design and analyses for multiple marketing programs and support redesign as appropriate.
It’s long been a belief of 1-800 Contacts that if we take care of our associates, they’ll take care of our customers.
Every associate gets free breakfast, snacks, fruit, and drinks. Lunches (salmon or fillet mignon, anyone?) are highly subsidized. Our on-site gym offers free classes and personal training. And you can schedule discounted dry cleaning pickup, oil changes, or a massage through our payroll deduction system.
Your family and friends are important to you, so they’re important to us. It’s common to see spouses, kids, and friends enjoying a meal with our associates. Everyone is invited to our massive annual film festival where we rent out theaters to watch new movies the night before they’re released (popcorn included) and our summer party with food, gift bags, and prizes. Flu shots, health assessments, and gym access are available to family as well.
All this is in addition to full medical, dental, 401k matching, paid time off, $2,500 per year in tuition reimbursement, flexible schedules, and more.
See Inside the Office of 1-800 Contacts
Dedicated to providing consumers with a simple, hassle-free way to buy and replace contact lenses, the company was founded with an intimate understanding of the two key frustrations among contact lens wearers—namely, that contacts are both expensive and inconvenient to replace. The organization solves these issues for customers by delivering prescriptions lenses to their door—at the lowest possible price.
Back to top