Become a Daily Muse Contributor!
Are you passionate about helping others succeed in their job searches? Looking for a great new place to share your career expertise? Have a great idea that you think would be perfect for our readers? The Daily Muse is always looking for new writers and is the perfect place to solidify your reputation as a career expert.
What We Want
- Advice from experts in fields related to career and job search topics
- Articles that offer a fresh, interesting take on career advancement, management, or the job search (think "5 Fun New Ways You've Never Thought to Network," not "Why You Should Network")
- Actionable, tips-based pieces, expert-backed trends pieces, and personal stories that are positioned as advice to our readers
- Strong writing that matches our voice and style (think professional, smart, and SFW, but fun, fresh, and conversational)
What We Pass On
- Basic stuff, à la "5 Resume Tips." If you could find it on every other career site out there, it's probably not for us.
- Articles targeted to college students
- Lifestyle content
- Anything overly (or even subtlely) promotional of a specific company or brand
- Anything with unnatural inline links (sorry, we don't accept guest posts from writers who work to place links for a brand or company.)
- Content that has been published elsewhere
What You Get
OVER 5 MILLION EAGER EYES
Your piece won't just be seen by our readers: Your article will be shared far and wide via social promotion and our stellar syndication partners.
SO MUCH MORE THAN A BYLINE
Each contributor gets a bio with links to your work and an author page with social follow buttons—making it easy for readers to find more of what you do.
You'll work with our editors to get your article ready to publish—meaning you get feedback to become an even better writer (and references for down the road).
Ready to get started?
To submit a story for consideration, please email [email protected] with the subject line DAILY MUSE PITCH: [Story Idea]. (Please do not contact individual editors.)
Unfortunately, we can’t respond to all inquiries, but we’ll be in touch within two weeks of submission if we’d like to hear more. We provide these guidelines to help your pitch have the best chance of being considered, so please keep them in mind.
Please include the following:
- A bit about you: Give us 1-2 sentences about yourself and the experiences you have to share.
- Your idea: Pitch us your article idea. Tell us the title, write out a sample introduction, and then briefly outline how you would approach the rest of the piece, including any experts or sources you would include. Please don't send a full draft.
- Links: Send us 2-3 samples of your previous writing.