You’re Probably Doing Email Introductions Wrong—and 11 Other Things to Know Now
Every week, we gather our favorite resources on career advice, smart living tips, and ways to have a little more fun in life and compile it all into our famous Best of the Web newsletter. And now, we’re bringing it out of our inboxes and onto the web—just for you!
Love what you see? Make sure to share Best of the Web with your friends!
Want to make sure you never miss out on any of the action? Sign up for our newsletter now!
- You’re Probably Doing Email Introductions Wrong (Quartz)
- The Dos and Don’ts of a Coffee Date (Your Coffee Break)
- Why I Write in PowerPoint (HBR)
- What Your Job Search IQ Says About Your Chances of Getting a New Job (The Daily Muse)
- The Big Summer Clean Out in 6 Weeks (Maybrooks)
- The Lazy Way to an Awesome Life: 3 Secrets Backed by Research (Barking Up the Wrong Tree)
- 6 Money Messes to Clean Up Before Your 30s (The Simple Dollar)
- This Networking Secret Is So Crazy Obvious That Most People Look Right Past It (The Daily Muse)
- The 100 Greatest American Films (BBC)
- What Should Your Go-To Drink Be Based on Your Zodiac Sign? (BuzzFeed)
- Top 10 Ways to Beat the Heat (Lifehacker)
- The 24 Funniest (and Realest) Responses to #TenThingsNotToSayToAWriter (The Daily Muse)
Photo of woman emailing courtesy of Shutterstock.
Lily is a writer, editor, and social media manager, as well as co-founder of The Prospect, the world’s largest student-run college access organization. In addition to her writing with The Muse, she also serves as an editor at HelloFlo and Her Campus. Recently, she was named one of Glamour’s Top 10 College Women for her work helping underserved youth get into college. You can follow Lily on Twitter.More from this Author