You Don’t Need New Ideas, You Need a New Perspective—and 11 Other Things to Know Now
Every week, we gather our favorite resources on career advice, smart living tips, and ways to have a little more fun in life and compile it all into our famous Best of the Web newsletter. And now, we’re bringing it out of our inboxes and onto the web—just for you!
Love what you see? Make sure to share Best of the Web with your friends!
Want to make sure you never miss out on any of the action? Sign up for our newsletter now!
- You Don’t Need New Ideas, You Need a New Perspective (99U)
- Former Colleagues Are More Valuable Than You Think (HBR)
- Unrealistic Expectations That Do You Harm (LinkedIn)
- 5 Benefits You Give Up When You Don’t Ask for a Raise (That Have Nothing to Do With Money) (The Daily Muse)
- You’ll Never Accomplish Goals You Don’t Really Care About (Entrepreneur)
- 10 Financial Mistakes I Made During Each Year of My 20s (and What I Learned From Them) (The Financial Diet)
- The Only 7 Things You Can Control in Life (Greatist)
- How to Know if You're Being Ambitious—or Just Plain Old Impatient (The Daily Muse)
- 10 Books to Read if You’re Online 24/7 (Bustle)
- How I Conquered My Fear of Cooking and Got Comfortable in the Kitchen (Lifehacker)
- The 30 Most Anticipated TV Shows of 2016 (Complex)
- Here’s the Surprising Secret to Making Your Free Time Worthwhile (The Daily Muse)
Photo of woman thinking courtesy of Shutterstock.
Lily is a writer, editor, and social media manager, as well as co-founder of The Prospect, the world’s largest student-run college access organization. In addition to her writing with The Muse, she also serves as an editor at HelloFlo and Her Campus. Recently, she was named one of Glamour’s Top 10 College Women for her work helping underserved youth get into college. You can follow Lily on Twitter.More from this Author