Why You Should Always Go Off-Script in a Job Interview (and 11 Other Things to Know This Week)
Every week, we gather our favorite resources on career advice, smart living tips, and ways to have a little more fun in life and compile it all into our famous Best of the Web newsletter. And now, we’re bringing it out of our inboxes and onto the web—just for you!
Love what you see? Make sure to share Best of the Web with your friends!
- Why You Should Always Go Off-Script in a Job Interview (HBR)
- 5 Surprising, Science-Backed Ways to Boost Your Creativity (Fast Company)
- How to Fight Through Intellectual Discomfort (99U)
- Actually, You Should Apply for Jobs You’re Not 100% Qualified For (The Daily Muse)
- 3 Steps to Get Up to Speed on Any Subject Quickly (Medium)
- Consider Your Conveniences (Herbert Lui)
- This Is the Best Way to Motivate Yourself to Exercise: 4 Proven Secrets (Barking Up The Wrong Tree)
- 12 Cheap (or Free!) Money Apps to Help You Get Your Spending in Check (The Daily Muse)
- 5 Ways to Keep Cool When It’s Horribly Hot (Real Simple)
- When and Where to Take an Affordable Last Minute Summer Vacation (Lifehacker)
- 6 Easy Recipes for a Relaxed Summer Weekend (Epicurious)
- The Monday Morning Playlist Designed to Make the Beginning of the Week Less Painful (The Daily Muse)
Caroline Liu is a freelance writer, graphic designer, and computer programmer studying at Wesleyan University. She is pursuing majors in Feminist, Gender, and Sexuality Studies and Computer Science in order to bridge her passions for tech, design, and social justice. Learn more about Caroline on her website or follow her on Twitter.More from this Author