Why Some People Get Promoted and Some Don’t—and 11 Other Things to Know Now
Every week, we gather our favorite resources on career advice, smart living tips, and ways to have a little more fun in life and compile it all into our famous Best of the Web newsletter. And now, we’re bringing it out of our inboxes and onto the web—just for you!
Love what you see? Make sure to share Best of the Web with your friends!
Want to make sure you never miss out on any of the action? Sign up for our newsletter now!
- How to Leave Work Guilt-Free and on Time (LinkedIn)
- Pinterest’s Tracy Chou: How I Got My Start in Tech—Despite Myself (ReadWrite)
- Why Some People Get Promoted (and Others Don’t) (99U)
- 7 Mistakes Most First-Time Managers Make at Least Once (The Daily Muse)
- Why You Should Have a Back-up Back-up Plan (kontrary)
- The 50 Most Inspiring Cities in the World (GOOD)
- The Most Common Money Mistakes People Make at Every Age (Two Cents)
- The Most Fun Way Possible to Overcome Your Fear of Failure (The Daily Muse)
- How I Met the Love of My Life (Alexandra Franzen)
- The World’s Best Sommelier Has 8 Tips for Drinking Fantastic Wine (Esquire)
- 16 Epic Train Journeys Across Europe, Asia, and the Americas (Fathom)
- How to Drink With Your Co-workers While Keeping Your Reputation Intact (The Daily Muse)
Photo of balloons courtesy of Shutterstock.
Erin believes in the power of content to spread ideas, build communities, and engage and delight people—which is why she spends her days helping employers and brands do just that. During her time at The Muse, Erin has also worn the hats of personal website expert, video producer, Shutterstock wrangler, master lunch-packer, and company librarian. Erin is always looking for new places to explore on the weekends, and she almost never says no to tea and a croissant. Invite Erin to tea at eringreenawald.com or on Twitter @erinaceously.More from this Author