What Hiring Managers Wish You Knew About Applying for a Job—and 20 Other Things to Know Now
Every week, we gather our favorite resources on career advice, smart living tips, and ways to have a little more fun in life and compile it all into our famous Best of the Web newsletter. And now, we’re bringing it out of our inboxes and onto the web—just for you!
Since this is the very last Best of the Web for 2015, we’re taking it a step further: Here are the best links we shared with you over the past year in case you missed some of them. We’ll be back to normal BOTW on January 10!
Want to make sure you never miss out on any of the action? Sign up for our newsletter now!
- What Hiring Managers Wish You Knew About Applying for a Job (Lifehacker)
- 9 Reasons to Switch Careers as Soon as Possible (Entrepreneur)
- “So, What Do You Do?” Rethinking Small Talk (Knowledge @ Wharton)
- Nobody Cares How Hard You Work (99U)
- The 30/3 Rule (Quick and Dirty Tips)
- How to Get a Job You’re Not Qualified For (LinkedIn)
- 5 Signs You’re Just Going With the Flow at Work (and Hurting Your Career in the Process) (The Daily Muse)
- Change Your Story to Change Your Life (Zen Habits)
- 10 Things to Remember When You Feel Unsure of Yourself (Marc and Angel)
- The 37 Best Websites to Learn Something New (Medium)
- The 6 Lists You Need to Make Every Day Productive (Fast Company)
- How to Read People Like Sherlock Holmes (TIME)
- 22 Habits That Will Make Your Life a Little More Peaceful Each Day (The Huffington Post)
- This 20-Minute Bedtime Routine Is So Helpful You’ll Be Mad at Yourself for Not Trying it Sooner (The Daily Muse)
- 25 Bestsellers From the Last 25 Years You Simply Must Make Time to Reread (Bustle)
- 11 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Make (and Not Buy) (PureWow)
- 10 Awesome Computer Games You Can Play in Your Browser (Mental Floss)
- 14 Easy Tips That Will Help You Be Happier in Your Home (BuzzFeed)
- The Scientific Case for Pouring Yourself a Drink After Work (Mic)
- 7 Fun Things to Do at Home Tonight (Besides Watch TV) (Apartment Therapy)
- 5 Creative Hobbies That’ll Actually Make You Better at Your Day Job (The Daily Muse)
Photo of hiring manager courtesy of Shutterstock.
Lily is a writer, editor, and social media manager, as well as co-founder of The Prospect, the world’s largest student-run college access organization. In addition to her writing with The Muse, she also serves as an editor at HelloFlo and Her Campus. Recently, she was named one of Glamour’s Top 10 College Women for her work helping underserved youth get into college. You can follow Lily on Twitter.More from this Author