What Hiring Managers Wish You Knew About Applying for a Job—and 11 Other Things to Know Now
Every week, we gather our favorite resources on career advice, smart living tips, and ways to have a little more fun in life and compile it all into our famous Best of the Web newsletter. And now, we’re bringing it out of our inboxes and onto the web—just for you!
Love what you see? Make sure to share Best of the Web with your friends!
Want to make sure you never miss out on any of the action? Sign up for our newsletter now!
- What Hiring Managers Wish You Knew About Applying for a Job (Lifehacker)
- These 5 Co-workers Can Make Your Work Life Infinitely Better (Fast Company)
- These Honest Mistakes Can Get You Fired (LinkedIn)
- 5 Ways You Can Find Success at Any Job, According to Dirty Jobs’ Mike Rowe (The Daily Muse)
- The Best and Worst Foods to Eat When You’re Sick (Greatist)
- 5 Common Mental Errors That Sway You From Making Good Decisions (James Clear)
- Everything You Were Afraid to Ask About Saving (When You Don’t Have a Lot of Money) (The Financial Diet)
- 5 Rules for Living a More Manageable Life That Even the Busiest People Can Follow (The Daily Muse)
- Everything You Ever Needed to Know About Wine (Wine Folly)
- The 100 Best Movies Streaming on Netflix Right Now (Complex)
- The Definitive Ranking of (Basically) Every Pumpkin Spice-Flavored Snack (E!)
- 21 Work Bags That’ll Make You Want to Go to the Office Every Day (The Daily Muse)
Photo of resumes courtesy of Shutterstock.
Lily is a writer, editor, and social media manager, as well as co-founder of The Prospect, the world’s largest student-run college access organization. In addition to her writing with The Muse, she also serves as an editor at HelloFlo and Her Campus. Recently, she was named one of Glamour’s Top 10 College Women for her work helping underserved youth get into college. You can follow Lily on Twitter.More from this Author