There’s No Such Thing as a Big Break—and 11 Other Things to Know Now
Every week, we gather our favorite resources on career advice, smart living tips, and ways to have a little more fun in life and compile it all into our famous Best of the Web newsletter. And now, we’re bringing it out of our inboxes and onto the web—just for you!
Love what you see? Make sure to share Best of the Web with your friends!
Want to make sure you never miss out on any of the action? Sign up for our newsletter now!
- How (and Why) You Should Be a “Scenius” (99U)
- 5 Surprising Networking Lessons From The Real Housewives (Brazen Careerist)
- There’s No Such Thing as a Big Break (Paul Jarvis)
- 5 Signs You’re Just Going With the Flow at Work (and Hurting Your Career in the Process) (The Daily Muse)
- How to Never Get Angry: 3 New Secrets From Neuroscience (Barking Up The Wrong Tree)
- 131 Actionable Ideas From 10 Books I Wish I Had Read Ages Ago (Medium)
- To Reduce Stress, Embrace Your Inner Type-B (HBR)
- 45 Free Online Classes You Can Take (and Finish) by the End of This Year (The Daily Muse)
- 19 Delicious Ways to Eat More Candy Corn This Fall (BuzzFeed)
- 8 Ways to Bond With New Friends (Without the $15 Cocktails) (The Financial Diet)
- 10 Overrated Tourist Attractions in the U.S.—and Where to Go Instead (Business Insider)
- 14+ Group Halloween Costumes for the Office You Can Throw Together at the Last Minute (The Daily Muse)
Photo of happy woman courtesy of Shutterstock.
Lily is a writer, editor, and social media manager, as well as co-founder of The Prospect, the world’s largest student-run college access organization. In addition to her writing with The Muse, she also serves as an editor at HelloFlo and Her Campus. Recently, she was named one of Glamour’s Top 10 College Women for her work helping underserved youth get into college. You can follow Lily on Twitter.More from this Author