The Best Advice I Ever Got About How to Get a Raise Is Surprisingly Simple—and 11 Other Things to Know Now
Every week, we gather our favorite resources on career advice, smart living tips, and ways to have a little more fun in life and compile it all into our famous Best of the Web newsletter. And now, we’re bringing it out of our inboxes and onto the web—just for you!
Love what you see? Make sure to share Best of the Web with your friends!
Want to make sure you never miss out on any of the action? Sign up for our newsletter now!
- The Best Advice I Ever Got About How to Get a Raise Is Surprisingly Simple (Business Insider)
- 10 Steps to the Perfect Conversation (Science of People)
- Hiring Managers Say These Are the Biggest Mistakes People Make During Job Interviews (Fast Company)
- 4 Moves You Didn’t Realize Make You Look Unprofessional in an Interview (The Daily Muse)
- 5 Failures You Need to Experience if You Want to Succeed in Life (Marc and Angel)
- How to Read 100 Books a Year (Medium)
- Meditation for Beginners: 20 Practical Tips for Understanding the Mind (Zen Habits)
- How Your To-Do List Can Make You Feel Happy (in Addition to Wildly Productive) (The Daily Muse)
- 4 Adult Coloring Book Apps to Expand Your Smartphone’s Palate (Everup)
- The Complete Guide to Making French Toast at Home (First We Feast)
- 5 Non-Alcoholic Beers You’ll Resolve to Love (Eater)
- 6 DIY Planners You Can Make This Year to Be More Organized (The Daily Muse)
Photo of happy man courtesy of Shutterstock.
Lily is a writer, editor, and social media manager, as well as co-founder of The Prospect, the world’s largest student-run college access organization. In addition to her writing with The Muse, she also serves as an editor at HelloFlo and Her Campus. Recently, she was named one of Glamour’s Top 10 College Women for her work helping underserved youth get into college. You can follow Lily on Twitter.More from this Author