The #1 Predictor of Career Success According to Network Science—and 11 Other Things to Know Now
Every week, we gather our favorite resources on career advice, smart living tips, and ways to have a little more fun in life and compile it all into our famous Best of the Web newsletter. And now, we’re bringing it out of our inboxes and onto the web—just for you!
Love what you see? Make sure to share Best of the Web with your friends!
Want to make sure you never miss out on any of the action? Sign up for our newsletter now!
- The Number One Predictor of Career Success According to Network Science (Medium)
- A Former Google Exec on How to Make Tough Decisions Quickly (Quartz)
- Proof That We Consistently Underestimate Our Ability to Influence Others (Fast Company)
- 7 Easy Steps to Making All Your Co-workers Fall in Love With You (in a Professional Way) (The Daily Muse)
- The 3 Biggest Financial Mistakes I Made When I Started My Career (and How You Can Avoid Them) (The Financial Diet)
- The Chemistry of Building Better Habits (James Clear)
- Be More Likable in Conversation by Making the Other Person an Expert (Lifehacker)
- 6 Apps Perfect for People Who Are Easily Distracted (a.k.a., Anyone in an Open Office) (The Daily Muse)
- 15 Ways to Maximize Your Summer Saturday (Thrillist)
- 24 Best Travelers on Instagram 2015 (Fathom Away)
- 11 Excellent Cold Brew Coffees (Eater)
- 9 Tech Podcasts So Addictive, Your Friends Should Start Planning the Intervention (The Daily Muse)
Photo of number one man courtesy of Shutterstock.
Lily is a writer, editor, and social media manager, as well as co-founder of The Prospect, the world’s largest student-run college access organization. In addition to her writing with The Muse, she also serves as an editor at HelloFlo and Her Campus. Recently, she was named one of Glamour’s Top 10 College Women for her work helping underserved youth get into college. You can follow Lily on Twitter.More from this Author