Make This Weekend: 25 Easy Labor Day Appetizers
Where did summer go? I can’t believe we’re almost done with August and that fall is just around the corner. All the more reason to get out and enjoy the three-day weekend ahead of us!
I’m guessing you may have a party or two to go to this weekend, so I’ve compiled a list of 25 seriously delicious appetizers for you to whip up. But don't worry—none of them are overly complicated. You can make them in a snap, then get back to enjoying the last weekend of the summer. Have a great Labor Day weekend, everyone!
From My Kitchen
1. Lemon & Thyme Ricotta Toasts
Preheat your oven to 350 degrees, then mix together the ricotta, thyme, lemon, salt, and pepper. Set aside. Slice the baguette into thin slices, then bake for 8-10 minutes until golden brown. Immediately after removing from oven, rub one end of a garlic clove over a baguette slice then drizzle with olive oil. Repeat with the remaining slices. Transfer the ricotta mixture to a pretty bowl, then surround it with the baguette slices. Drizzle a little more olive oil over the top, and sprinkle with salt, pepper, and any remaining thyme and lemon zest.
From Around the Web
2. Avocado Peach Salsa (Cookie + Kate)
3. Petite Lasagnas (Can You Stay For Dinner)
4. Loaded Nachos (What’s Gaby Cooking)
5. Mediterranean Baked Feta with Tomatoes (Smitten Kitchen)
6. Roasted Shrimp Cocktail (Barefoot Contessa)
7. Kali Spera Feta Dip (The Londoner)
8. Garlic Fries with Mustard and Horseradish Mayonnaise (Seven Spoons)
9. Grilled Chicken Bacon Sliders (The Pioneer Woman)
10. Angels on Horseback (Simply Recipes)
11. Cocktail Sausages (Nigella Lawson)
12. Gin Marinated Olives (101 Cookbooks)
13. Buffalo Chicken Dip (Eat Live Run)
14. Grilled Polenta Cakes (Two Peas and Their Pod)
15. Simple Roasted Apricots with Honey Mascarpone (Joy the Baker)
16. Prosciutto Wrapped Pears (A Cozy Kitchen)
17. Grilled Tomato “Lollipop” Toasts (White on Rice Couple)
18. Spicy Beer Queso with Chorizo and Black Beans (How Sweet It Is)
19. Park Tavern’s Deviled Eggs (Table & Teaspoon)
20. Grilled Peach and Burrata Crostini (Spoon Fork Bacon)
21. Sweet and Savory Spiced Nuts (Not Without Salt)
22. Smokey Sausage Cups (Kevin & Amanda)
23. Grilled Honey Miso Wings (Steamy Kitchen)
24. Antipasti Bites (Family Fresh Meals)
25. Crispy Baked Onion Rings (Oh She Glows)
About The Author
Niki comes to us from the financial world, but she’s an online girl at heart. After graduating from Cal, she spent a couple of years traveling and working (Ireland – NY – OC) before finally making it back to San Francisco to pursue a career in business and marketing. An avid fan of handwritten thank you notes, Niki also loves fresh flowers for any occasion, the sound of being underwater, and she firmly believes ketchup bottles do not belong on the breakfast table. When she’s not Musing, you can find her on her blog, wandering around the Ferry Building in San Francisco, or with her nose in a ridiculously addicting YA book.