How to Use Distractions to Your Advantage—and 11 Other Things to Know This Week
Every week, we gather our favorite resources on career advice, smart living tips, and ways to have a little more fun in life and compile it all into our famous Best of the Web newsletter. And now, we’re bringing it out of our inboxes and onto the web—just for you!
Love what you see? Make sure to share Best of the Web with your friends!
Want to make sure you never miss out on any of the action? Sign up for our newsletter now!
- How to Use Distractions to Your Advantage (99U)
- Being Your True Self: Does Authenticity Matter in the Workplace? (Ken Norton)
- Everything You Need to Do When Your Boss Suddenly Quits (DailyWorth)
- The Pain-Free Way to Keep Your Resume Updated and Ready for Anything (The Daily Muse)
- How Email Is Killing Your Creativity (Fortune)
- 3 Tips Graduates Won’t Hear at Commencement That We All Need to Hear (Entrepreneur)
- The Cognitive Biases That Lead to Bad Money Decisions (Two Cents)
- 5 Awesome Traits That You’re Confusing With Weaknesses (The Daily Muse)
- 12 Incredible Last-Minute Vacations That Don’t Cost a Fortune (Refinery29)
- Movies You Can Watch for Free on YouTube (Thrillist)
- 8 Protein-Packed Snacks to Fight Off Your Midday Munchies (Spoon University)
- 16 Incredibly Useful Items That'll Make it Possible for You to Work Outside (The Daily Muse)
Caroline Liu is a freelance writer, graphic designer, and computer programmer studying at Wesleyan University. She is pursuing majors in Feminist, Gender, and Sexuality Studies and Computer Science in order to bridge her passions for tech, design, and social justice. Learn more about Caroline on her website or follow her on Twitter.More from this Author