How to Promote Yourself Without Being a Jerk—and 11 Other Things to Know Now
Every week, we gather our favorite resources on career advice, smart living tips, and ways to have a little more fun in life and compile it all into our famous Best of the Web newsletter. And now, we’re bringing it out of our inboxes and onto the web—just for you!
Love what you see? Make sure to share Best of the Web with your friends!
Want to make sure you never miss out on any of the action? Sign up for our newsletter now!
- How to Master Asking Behavioral Interview Questions (LinkedIn)
- What a Game of Chess Can Teach You About Networking (Fortune)
- The Braggart’s Dilemma: How to Promote Yourself Without Being a Jerk (99U)
- How to Recover From a Huge, Huge Mistake at Work (The Daily Muse)
- The Best (Non-Awkward) Ways to Make Friends in Your 20s and 30s (Greatist)
- 12 Little Known Laws of Gratitude (That Will Change Your Life) (Marc and Angel)
- How to Boss Yourself Around (Science of Us)
- The Non-Awkward Professional’s Guide to Interacting With Strangers on Social Media (The Daily Muse)
- 10 Honest Netflix Categories You Wish Existed (Decider)
- Here Are the Best Books of 2015 So Far (TIME)
- 25 Signs You’re Way Too Obsessed With Chipotle (BuzzFeed)
- Proof That You’re Not the First Person to Ask, “Am I Networking or on a Date?” (The Daily Muse)
Photo of megaphone courtesy of Shutterstock.
Lily is a writer, editor, and social media manager, as well as co-founder of The Prospect, the world’s largest student-run college access organization. In addition to her writing with The Muse, she also serves as an editor at HelloFlo and Her Campus. Recently, she was named one of Glamour’s Top 10 College Women for her work helping underserved youth get into college. You can follow Lily on Twitter.More from this Author