How to Know Which Skills to Develop at Each Stage of Your Career—and 11 Other Things to Know This Week
Every week, we gather our favorite resources on career advice, smart living tips, and ways to have a little more fun in life and compile it all into our famous Best of the Web newsletter. And now, we’re bringing it out of our inboxes and onto the web—just for you!
Love what you see? Make sure to share Best of the Web with your friends!
Want to make sure you never miss out on any of the action? Sign up for our newsletter now!
- How to Know Which Skills to Develop at Each Stage of Your Career (Fast Company)
- 19 Unprofessional Habits That Could Cost You a Job (Business Insider)
- Don’t End a Meeting Without Doing These 3 Things (HBR)
- 8 Free Ambient Noise Sites That’ll Transform Your Open Workspace Into a Private Office (The Daily Muse)
- This Is the Best Advice on Motivation I Have Ever Read (Science of Us)
- 10 Things You Need to Do Before You Start Investing (The Simple Dollar)
- The Real Reasons You Procrastinate—and How to Stop (The Washington Post)
- 5 Times You’re Selling Yourself Short Without Even Realizing It (The Daily Muse)
- The Snapchat 101: The Best, Coolest, Smartest, Weirdest Accounts on the Hottest Social Network on Your Phone (Select All)
- 11 Incredible Last-Minute Vacations That Don’t Cost a Fortune (Refinery29)
- An Entrepreneur’s List of 17 Techniques for Handling Haters (Entrepreneur)
- How to Stealthily Figure Out if a Company Really Does Believe in Work-Life Balance (The Daily Muse)
Caroline Liu is a freelance writer, graphic designer, and computer programmer studying at Wesleyan University. She is pursuing majors in Feminist, Gender, and Sexuality Studies and Computer Science in order to bridge her passions for tech, design, and social justice. Learn more about Caroline on her website or follow her on Twitter.More from this Author