OK. You’ve likely heard that social media can help your career. But if you haven’t hopped onto the Twitter bandwagon yet, or you have random accounts you barely check because you just don’t think it’s worth your time, it really is time to adjust that mindset.
But where to start? We know it can be intimidating to dive into the wild world of social media beyond your daily Facebook check, so we’ve rounded up eight of our all-time favorite reads to guide you in using social to boost your career.
- If you’re not sure how exactly social media can boost your career, start off on the right foot with this practical advice . (Harvard Business Review)
- Figure out exactly which kinds of social media you should be using to develop your professional profile . (The Guardian)
- Learn from some personal stories of successful social media navigation (and how it boosted three real careers). (Women’s Health Magazine)
- Use social media to develop a personal brand that gets you noticed by the right people . (Fast Company)
- Beware of these six subtle social media mistakes that can destroy your professional reputation . (CIO)
- Avoid letting careless online choices derail your professional progress . (Forbes)
- Find out if you’ve been making any of these serious social media goofs lately. (Salary)
- Still wondering if you should get in the game? Fox Business explains how social media can actually rescue your career . (Fox Business)
Want more? Check out our articles to make the most of your online presence!
- 3 Social Media Trends You Should Know About—Now
- 50 Instagrammers to Follow Right Now
- Should You Hire a Social Media Consultant?
Photo of social media icons courtesy of Quka / Shutterstock .
In addition to working with The Muse, Catherine is the co-founder of Carpe Juvenis, an online resource for young leaders aiming to grow, learn, and Seize Their Youth. While completing her undergraduate experience at the George Washington University with academic focuses on Political Science and Women’s Studies, Catherine can also be found searching for the best bubble tea in town. Find Carpe Juvenis on Facebook and tweet at Catherine here!More from this Author