Great Performers Make Their Personal Lives a Priority (and 11 Other Things to Know This Week)
Every week, we gather our favorite resources on career advice, smart living tips, and ways to have a little more fun in life and compile it all into our famous Best of the Web newsletter. And now, we’re bringing it out of our inboxes and onto the web—just for you!
Love what you see? Make sure to share Best of the Web with your friends!
- Great Performers Make Their Personal Lives a Priority (HBR)
- 11 Easy Office Stretches to Reduce Back and Neck Pain (Lumo)
- Job Advice: Do You Need to Be Liked at Work to Succeed? (Cheat Sheet)
- 3 Thoughts Going Through Hiring Managers’ Heads When They’re Rejecting You (The Daily Muse)
- How I Learned to Take Better Breaks (Mashable)
- 5 Podcasts to Help You (Finally) Commit to Your Meditation Practice (Everup)
- A Former FBI Agent Recommends a Simple 3-Step Exercise to Beat Anxiety (Business Insider)
- 5 Tips for Telling Stories That Are So Interesting Listeners Won’t Be Tempted to Pull Out Their Phones (The Daily Muse)
- 5 Cozy Recipes That Make Fall Picnics a Thing (Greatist)
- These Are the Best Apps for Making GIFs, Period (Refinery29)
- 3 Ways to Take a Nap and Not Wake Up Groggy (PureWow)
- 172 Contest-Winning Halloween Costume Ideas for the Office (The Daily Muse)
Photo of colleagues working together courtesy of Getty Images.
Caroline Liu is a freelance writer, graphic designer, and computer programmer studying at Wesleyan University. She is pursuing majors in Feminist, Gender, and Sexuality Studies and Computer Science in order to bridge her passions for tech, design, and social justice. Learn more about Caroline on her website or follow her on Twitter.More from this Author