Since the games began on February 7, the internet and news outlets have been abuzz with all things Sochi. The outrageous production costs, the hashtag #SochiProblems, and the phenomenon that is Bob Costas’ eye infection all contributed to possibly the most entertaining games in the history of the Winter Olympics.
While there will surely be many more moments to come through the end of the games on February 23, below you’ll find some of Sochi’s greatest gif-able moments to date.
1. Not off to the best start, the Olympic Opening Ceremonies had some malfunctions.
2. However, the world rejoiced when we finally saw a Jamaican bobsled team enter the Olympics. If only John Candy were alive to see it.
3. We saw some interesting coaching strategies, like those of Sasha Rearick, who climbed great heights to instruct the U.S. men’s alpine team.
4. Many athletes nailed it, like Japanese figure skater Daisuke Takahashi.
5. And Canadian gold and silver medalists the DuFour-LaPointe sisters.
6. But not everyone—American figure skater Ashley Wagner’s expressions could give gymnast McKayla Maroney a run for her money!
7. T.J. Oshie worked hard to lead U.S. hockey to victory over Russia.
8. The Slovakian goalie twerked even harder.
9. And Putin is clearly loving every minute of the Winter Olympics.
Photo of figure skater courtesy of Atos.
Hailing from Philadelphia, Kathryn Amrhein works in higher education doing fundraising for her alma mater, Temple University. Some of her extracurriculars include being a novice triathlete and half marathoner, movie and TV buff, improv newbie, and quizzo player extraordinaire.More from this Author