Every week, we gather our favorite resources on career advice, smart living tips, and ways to have a little more fun in life and compile it all into our famous Best of the Web newsletter. And now, we’re bringing it out of our inboxes and onto the web—just for you!
Love what you see? Make sure to share Best of the Web with your friends!
- CEO Hacks: 9 Bosses Share Their Best and Worst Habits for Success ( Everup )
- Why the Career Ladder Is Overrated ( Fortune )
- To Boost Your Career, Get to Know Your Boss’ Boss ( HBR )
- Hating Competition Held Me Back in My Career (and it Might Be Holding You Back, Too) ( The Daily Muse )
- How Writing To-Do Lists Helps Your Brain (Whether or Not You Finish Them) ( Fast Company )
- September Is Your Second-Chance January ( Science of Us )
- A Science-Backed Guide to Taking Truly Restful Breaks ( 99U )
- 3 Ways Super Productive People Do Sick Days All Wrong ( The Daily Muse )
- 7 Baked Versions of Your Favorite Deep-Fried Treats That Are Legit Delicious ( Prevention )
- The 44 Most-Loved Products Launched in Summer 2016 ( Medium )
- 27 Podcasts to Make You Smarter ( The Guardian )
- 7 TED Talks That’ll Shut Down All Those Excuses You Make for Not Reaching Your Goals ( The Daily Muse )
Photo of group talking courtesy of Hero Images/Getty Images.
As an Editor for The Muse, Alyse is proud to prove that yes, English majors can change the world. She calls many places home, including Illinois where she grew up and the small town of Hamilton where she attended Colgate University, but she was born to be a New Yorker. In addition to being an avid writer, Alyse loves to dance, both professionally and while waiting for the subway.More from this Author